Husqvarna T540xp mark 2 problems

Top Cat

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The warranty will normally cover faulty manufacturer or faulty materials/parts/workmanship. If the saw has failed through normal use then it will be replaced or repaired. If the saw has had a direct hit by a branch or been swiped against something solid then it is not down to the manufacturer.

If it was a car - an exhaust falling off through normal use is a warranty return but hitting a kerb that rips it off isn't.........talk to your dealer and see what he says!

Unfortunately they have a great engine but the rest of the saw is utter garbage, mine separated in half and set on fire (50ft up a tree) they really are a disgrace IMHO. 201 all the way IMO.

Not being funny but the first 201s could barely spin the chain when the throttle was engaged and all the manufacturer could say was that they were OK.....until the American tuners gave Stihl the inspiration to fix the issues!

Just saying....and am not starting yet another argument that has no end:001_tongue:

I'm going off all of the reviews about the saw breaking lots of people have said the same thing about the saw breaking in certain places caused by little impact I thought I'd still buy it for the performance anyhow and then it happens to me so honestly no it's not had s big impact

Not being funny but the first 201s could barely spin the chain when the throttle was engaged and all the manufacturer could say was that they were OK.....until the American tuners gave Stihl the inspiration to fix the issues!

Just saying....and am not starting yet another argument that has no end:001_tongue:

Yawn :001_rolleyes:

Had my 540 for almost 2 years now and the AV Spring is just starting to go. Otherwise it's been faultless.

Are they made in China now?? (Under licence of course)

I must have happened upon a good one.....

Mines the same apart from had to replace the worm gear that runs the oil pump last week. I wonder the treatment some of these saws get to be damaged so much

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Damage looks to me like the saws got stuck fast and then it's been pulled hard on the handle... I've

Been using a mk2 540 on trial for the last year and my mk1 has been retro fitted with the mk2 cradle ect for longer and they have been treated rough by a few people and there is no damage at all to any of the plastics or undercarriage it's a lot stronger than the mk 1.

Had my 540 for almost 2 years now and the AV Spring is just starting to go. Otherwise it's been faultless.

Are they made in China now?? (Under licence of course)

I must have happened upon a good one.....

Ditto Ti and on my Mark 1 I've got the same crack but it's no surprise as it has been right royally hammered. So when it gives up the ghost it will be replaced with the Mark 2

Damage looks to me like the saws got stuck fast and then it's been pulled hard on the handle... I've

Been using a mk2 540 on trial for the last year and my mk1 has been retro fitted with the mk2 cradle ect for longer and they have been treated rough by a few people and there is no damage at all to any of the plastics or undercarriage it's a lot stronger than the mk 1.

And believe me, Matt is hard on his kit having worked on it for a fair time!