Anyone have any idea what may have killed this?

Steve Bullman

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would be fitting if it fell on the headstone.

I get the sentiment, but this is a little unfair Mark, as presumably its nothing to do with the family of the deceased upon whose headstone it lands.

Unless the stone is to do with the family of the offender, then its a matter of reaping what you sow!

I see a lot of that, several local parish councils, despite advice to the contrary, seem more interested in wedging the graves in regardless of the adverse impact upon nearby trees - some even TPO'd. It's frustrating when some halfwitted, poorly informed, self important parish councillor wants to get a hairy shirt on about a TPO application whilst at the same time apparently riding rough shod over the RPA guidance for trees in cemeteries.

Parish councils..... Yet to find one that's worth a toss!

A little harsh on Parish councils Mr Johnson.

Mrs Egg is on the PC, she and most of the other councillors work hard to look after our Parish.

I get the sentiment, but this is a little unfair Mark, as presumably its nothing to do with the family of the deceased upon whose headstone it lands.

Unless the stone is to do with the family of the offender, then its a matter of reaping what you sow!

Sorry mate, I meant if the family of the deceased were guilty of the poisoning.

Sorry mate, I meant...

Ah - a simple misunderstanding.

Its always hard to read the other persons 'intent' when posting on't web or reading emails (in fact that got me in trouble once, a long time ago).

Still, I hope the tree fails through the fence of the chap that killed it just because the tree was spoiling his view...

Its the bloke the other side of the fence surely ? Be a light / tiny birch seed issue I bet .

A little harsh on Parish councils Mr Johnson.

Mrs Egg is on the PC, she and most of the other councillors work hard to look after our Parish.

:laugh1:

I did think of you, and wondered what sort of retort I might get, when writing that Mr Eggs!

Absolutely no offence intended to Mrs Eggs! (there's no 'bunch of flowers' emoji!)

I was careful to say I've "...yet to find..." so it can only be applied to those that I have encountered not those that I haven't!

It's an opinion based upon that which I have experienced with 5 of the PCs in my immediate area - each of the below is a just a small snapshot of differing examples, each from a different PC, that I've encountered:

1 - Corruption, nepotism, ineptitude, theft and disregard for financial diligence.

2 - Letting a contract for which there was no knowledge of the requirement resulting in paying a contractor for work that was never, nor ever, needed to be done (even after the deputy chair of the council had previously experienced the work of said contractor who had charged her >£600 for 4m of post and rail fence!

3 - Continuing to dig graves adjacent to a TPO'd tree that I'd been asked to remove dead / dying limbs from and advised against further graves within RPA.

4 - Letting a contract for felling & reductions to previously surveyed trees to a "jobber" who quoted low, didn't have SLG, road closure licence, dropped v large limbs into the road resulting in surface damage (and a remediation fine) and, to top it all, felled the wrong freaking tree.

5 - Objecting to TPO applications for reductions of overhanging cemetery trees into neighbouring gardens whilst digging graves within RPAs.

Maybe it's just my bad luck to have encountered them, or maybe it's my very low tolerance of idiots, or maybe we just don't have the 'quality' of people on PCs - mindful that it is voluntary, unpaid and generally well intentioned that do volunteer. And yes, I should, and probably will in the future!

:thumbup1:

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe