Ranger and Dealer woes.

PeteB

you have to check what diff is in the Rangers, I know there are different ratios and the tow cap is hugely different, you need the 3.55 for towing, there are some about with an Eco diff taller ratio and they can only tow something silly like 1600 kg which is no good, trucks look the same, most are the 3.55 but there are some out there so be careful, you can check by looking on the ecat parts system or your local dealer, we run two new t6 Rangers and no had any bother upto 75k now and feel really good and strong, thinking of replacing one soon but the 7 month wait puts me off, would have to be a supercab

Good info. Cheers Bustergasket:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the hits keep on coming! After over a dozen regen cycles I get it back, 50 miles later the warning light s come back on! So Bristol Street have it back and get their best man on the job who is really experienced in DPF issues. He finds a load of incorrect codes and does yet more regen cycles and solves the job, yet 60 miles later it comes back with DPF issues and back she goes. Ford wash their hands when we ask for subsidy and the dealer let's us have it back with a new DPF and a bill. 90 miles later the lights come back on, no power and juddering engine. After sitting around in a dealership for the best part of seven hours, our spare truck appears and I get onwards. I'll not entertain a Ford again nor recommend Bristol Street Motors in Redditch to anyone either.

Well, the hits keep on coming! After over a dozen regen cycles I get it back, 50 miles later the warning light s come back on! So Bristol Street have it back and get their best man on the job who is really experienced in DPF issues. He finds a load of incorrect codes and does yet more regen cycles and solves the job, yet 60 miles later it comes back with DPF issues and back she goes. Ford wash their hands when we ask for subsidy and the dealer let's us have it back with a new DPF and a bill. 90 miles later the lights come back on, no power and juddering engine. After sitting around in a dealership for the best part of seven hours, our spare truck appears and I get onwards. I'll not entertain a Ford again nor recommend Bristol Street Motors in Redditch to anyone either.

Pete, That is a horrible situation to be in. You will find that nobody will want to drive that particular truck for fear of breaking down.

Pete, I think you should have a word with cust service, they will keep chasing the dealer literally every day, it will also log each conv, with the dealer, essentially they will be in between you and the dealer, does not matter if u have warranty or not, it will focus the dealer and make sure they give it the due priority that it deserves, if it all goes pear shaped then Ford have been known to help out maybe not 100 % but something, just my thoughts, if u want the number for customers to call let me know, hope this helps

The Ford relationship centre were involved, but after the engine issue washed their hands basically saying that of the DPF is not regenerating then we have to buy a new one. The truck has only done 118k in three years so is beyond any warranty. Interestingly, it is sold as a commercial vehicle but limited to domestic car warranty. The Ranger that we have as a spare has always had a 'cough' when accelerating up through the lower gears, the quick clear screen is only 25% effective, the radio\phone controls are intermittent, the radio behaves like the aerial is missing and the drivers seat does not remain at the same height. I went and sat in a Rodeo Utah a day ago, that was a nice office! We will be offloading the Rangers early, I understand, and I'd like an automatic please!

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting turn of events. I get the car back and within a few days, a warning light comes on! I photograph the dash to show the light and mileage and involve the garage. They admit that some head scratching is going on but say that they will send the injectors away to be tested. They went quiet when asked if the new engine had injectors or they fitted those out of the dead engine, they also went quite when we suggested that we read the report on the stripdown of the knackered engine and what caused it to sieze. It is back with them and I'm in the spare again.

• 1 month later...

Just an update. It is still in the garage.......they serviced it as per the book at 120k miles, they did close to 900 in road tests in between faults, took it on the standard road test that they do following routine servicing and the light came back on! Even Ford are stuck! New engine, new DPF, new sensors, wiring checked, injectors checked, new service and ECU checked and no one can explain what is wrong......Bristol Street have it a total of 10 weeks we think! Bizarre and infuriating.

Just an update. It is still in the garage.......they serviced it as per the book at 120k miles, they did close to 900 in road tests in between faults, took it on the standard road test that they do following routine servicing and the light came back on! Even Ford are stuck! New engine, new DPF, new sensors, wiring checked, injectors checked, new service and ECU checked and no one can explain what is wrong......Bristol Street have it a total of 10 weeks we think! Bizarre and infuriating.

could be a faulty dashboard light :001_tongue:

GreenMech brought 5 Rangers and one went to a close firm and we run 3x2.2 and 1X3.2 all came from Bristol Street in Redditch. We have one new engine, one new oil pump, one new slave cyclinder, three windscreens and now a dpf. The height adjustable seats sink, buttons on the steering wheel don't work and a faulty radio. Tyre wear isn't good and fuel economy varies across the range! The supplying dealer wasn't good at the sales side, with missed appointments and lack of communication, parts people who were completely unreliable and uncommunicative and the service people don't do what they say they'll do. The tell me that my dpf has broken internally and it shouldn't yet want over a grand to change it! Needless to say, we won't be bothering them for new trucks again.

Rant over!

I know no comparison but I've had rangers since 2000 I've just traded in my long base single cab and my 2002 double cab xlt for a 2007 3.0 Wildtrak with tipper conversion I also have a 2008 3.0 Wildtrak for best. And even though I love rangers I wouldn't buy any ranger that was made after 2011. The build quality for some reason went south big time and as for customer service that is down to more location then overall service.i wouldn't touch Neissen or Mitsubishi Isuzu has some questions to answer but improving,Toyota is what it is but so exspesive.shame bout new rangers as they look fab compared to all the others.fingers crossed they sort it before am able to afford a new one.