Forst build quality

simonm

In response.

The original post was a bit more than an enquiry as to whether anyone else had noticed this issue.

It was a high octane moan about build quality before you had even talked to the manufacturer.

It wasn't right, and they are sorting it.

It's a bit like a client bitching on Facebook about some work you had done before giving you a chance to come back and fix it.

If they'd denied it or tried to weasel out of it in some way I would completely understand.

Anyway, happy ending.

Your a mile off mick, and in all honesty I wouldn't have done a **** job in the first place, next time we do some decking I will just bang fixings in anywhere, if customer notices I suppose I will have to fix it.

• 1 month later...
We have a tr6 bought brand new last year it has barely done any work approx 200 hours, I have noticed a few shitty corners that seem to have being cut, just wanted to know if anyone else had noticed anything.?

1 of theWashers that holds the hopper on has being cut down to fit, as though they had run out of the correct ones!

The bolts that hold the side cover on don't and never have lined up properly, when I first took it off 1 of them was forced in on the piss!

And I have just noticed today the bearing that holds the top roller on and the bearing that goes on the flywheel shaft are touching, I thought something had broken so we used the bar forst provided to open the rollers to have a look, it looks like someone had dropped a bollock and has chipped a lump out of the flywheel bearing to allow the top roller to come down without touching the flywheel bearing! Where the bearing is chipped has being painted forst orange so I know nothing has moved and or changed since its left the factory!

It was over 30 grand this machine, we don't abuse it and always keep up with maintenance, to say it was so expensive you'd expect everything to be perfect! Unless someone can tell me it has being manufactured this way I doubt I will buy another!

We've just changed the flywheel bearings and reckon the cut out on the bearing housing is to undo the grub screws, freeing it from the shaft.

We've just changed the flywheel bearings and reckon the cut out on the bearing housing is to undo the grub screws, freeing it from the shaft.

In the words of forst "it appears to be a manufacturing error" they have fixed it pretty quick sharp, arranged collection and delivery & offered a stand in machine. Really good service I must say, just cant help thinking someone on the production line did that on purpose because they knew it was not right! If I had someone like that working for me I would sack them!!!

Much respect to Forst and Redwood on the their customer service, There are many that could learn a thing or two from them.

On the subject of build quality it's nice to see a continued effort to improve their machines, however there are a number of areas which require attention, it would be nice to see these focused on before they moved on to the pto version and vari track. By the way the pto version is a real poor effort in my opinion.

I've yet to see any manufacture come any where near to the build quality of a Schliesing, they really do have it sorted and from my point of view are a dream to work on and live with. Each to their own I suppose.

as a tr6 owner I can say it's great when it's working correctly but I've had more than my share of issues with the machine. All small problems but big enough to stop us working

BUT an it's a big but, Redwoods backup has been and continues to be fantastic

Always quick to try and diagnose and advise how to fix over the phone, if this fails, service engineers are fairly prompt and parts generally arrive by 9am the following day

Which is pretty dam good

I just wish I'd never had to find out how good the backup is

Not sure I'd like to own a machine that was out warranty

I'd like to try a tr8 but it really would depend on whether they get the reliability niggles ironed out