Fitness Standards For Industries

jomoco

Kinduva let em bleed till the authorities arrive philosophy, eh?

When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary'll come to me, singing there will be an answer, let em bleed....

Jomoco

Do you actually have anything remotely intelligent to contribute or is taking the piss really all you have:thumbdown:

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you actually have anything remotely intelligent to contribute or is taking the piss really all you have:thumbdown:

Let's tackle the addendums one at a time then shall we mate?

Pneumatic arm n leg splints?

Are they harmful in the medkits of chainsaw wielding Englishman?

Jomoco

Let's tackle the addendums one at a time then shall we mate?

Pneumatic arm n leg splints?

Are they harmful in the medkits of chainsaw wielding Englishman?

Jomoco

Will it make a difference if they aren't from the land of the angles? What about Scotland, Wales or NI, what if they are female? You do know

Splints are so old school, but since you are ok with the hardware why not skip on to drugs or better yet, will you need help scrubbing for your next bypass surgery?

Kinduva let em bleed till the authorities arrive philosophy, eh?

When I find myself in times of trouble, mother Mary'll come to me, singing there will be an answer, let em bleed....

Jomoco

Not at all. That's the opposite to "primum non nocere". Your job is simply to keep a casualty alive TO THE BEST OF YOUR TRAINING until the emergency services get there. Splints and stretchers are not going to come in handy unless there is IMMINENT AND SEVERE risk of further injury, in which case there'll be little time to set up splints, neck braces etc.

The other underlying principle in first aid which Andy didn't mention is not to put yourself in harms way. I'm sure there's Latin for that too.

A person with a lot of kit and a little idea can do much more harm than good.

But you knew all that anyway.