How do i take on Ebay?

Arbtech Tree Services

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did the auction actually end at the price you bid ? EBay rules says the seller has the right to withdraw their auction item any time up to the last 12 hours. I have done it myself when I received an offer I thought good enough. I have also received messages asking where the item has gone as they were going to bid at the last minute to which I reply "you snooze you lose" in the words of my grandkids.

Yes, my bid was the winning bid 3 seconds before the auction ended and I have the confirmation email stating that I won.

Yes, the seller has been a **** - why not set a reserve? My issue is with Ebay not doing anything about it as he has stated through Ebay messaging that he refuses to hand over the item as he feels it did not reach an amount he is happy with.

Not only will Ebay not do anything about the seller reneging, but they will not give me his details for me to take legal action.

My annoyance is that while Ebay has always been biased in favour of buyers, this is exactly the opposite. For them all that is lost is the final sale fee on £185.

Regards,

Steve.

To top it all - Ebay have now removed the negative feedback from his account.....Abolutely unbelievable.

Regards,

Steve.

I did say this earlier in the thread

As long as you don't get a " non payment " strike I would just leave it . Its pants I know but hey . Lifes too short .

He will soon and will have to ring eBay and tell his side of things.

steve best thing is to move on but if you have a mate with an ebay account then get them to contact uk.mckin ask if item is still for sale, offer a good price and say they want to come and see item bingo you get the address to find item look in completed items for drum kit