Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

4 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

? I had no doubt, but I’d feel morally obliged since it’d be spreading the gospel ? (happy to share BSI pubs without coughing up the £, but this is different.... It’s a just cause ?)

Whatever makes you feel best.  I've read a few hooligan books and a few on hard men and criminals.  I like to see what makes them tick.  Now Tommy is but two out of three but I'll make an exception.

Edited by Mark J

2 hours ago, forestboy1978 said:

Those who describe Tommy Robinson as a "thug" cos they're brainwashed by the BBC please watch this interview by him of a Female Muslim female genital mutilation activist and tell me he strikes you as a thug. 

From that interview, he didn't certainly didn't strike me as a thug.  More like a politician.  He had an undisclosed agenda and exaggerated, but that's the way political activists of any persuasion operate.  

Hard to form much of an opinion based on those seven minutes - it's clearly a propaganda video.  At some point I'll watch the Oxford Union thing with an open mind.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mark J said:

What do people think about this Cambridge Analytica business?

I've found it quite a confusing story to follow.  As far as I can tell, it's a just another mass data breach.  There wasn't any fraud, just unauthorised gathering of personal information for marketing purposes.  The political dimension is interesting, but not that scandalous, and probably didn't swing the outcome of the Trump/Brexit votes.  To  be perfectly honest, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on the facts.

11 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Fair enough. Please give feedback on the Oxford talk. I'd be interested to know how you perceive him after watching that through.

It would be a challenge for any one with an open mind to watch the OU debate and be disappointed with his performance. The biggest disgrace of the entire scenario was the overt protest, supposedly from ‘the nascent great minds of the future’ over the mere prospect of him expressing his honestly held opinions. 

• Like 1

Back twenty years ago Nick Griffin warned that Asian grooming gangs were raping kids... He was tried for "inciting racial hatred"....

The media seem to have an equal hatred for TR as they did for Nick....

tbh, our media do seem genuinely rubbish at putting across fairly meanstream views. The reality of the matter is that indigenous Brits just don't want third world immigration. Yet when you see news news articles from places like the Calais migrant camps they interview some charity which says "let them all into Britain". They never interview someone that says "we don't want them here, send them back". 

Imho, mainstream media do a vital job in a secular democracy. However over the last thirty years they've been pushing multiculturalism and anyone that questioned it was a dirty racist. After Manchester and Rotherham you'd have to be a moron to think multiculturalism is a particularly good idea. 

12 minutes ago, matelot said:

Back twenty years ago Nick Griffin warned that Asian grooming gangs were raping kids... He was tried for "inciting racial hatred"....

The media seem to have an equal hatred for TR as they did for Nick....

tbh, our media do seem genuinely rubbish at putting across fairly meanstream views. The reality of the matter is that indigenous Brits just don't want third world immigration. Yet when you see news news articles from places like the Calais migrant camps they interview some charity which says "let them all into Britain". They never interview someone that says "we don't want them here, send them back". 

Imho, mainstream media do a vital job in a secular democracy. However over the last thirty years they've been pushing multiculturalism and anyone that questioned it was a dirty racist. After Manchester and Rotherham you'd have to be a moron to think multiculturalism is a particularly good idea. 

I was actually on about the elite paedophile scandals, not the asian paedophile scandals you seem so fond of.

You sound more and more like Adolf each day.  And yes, I've read Mein Kampf.

Edited by Mark J

16 minutes ago, onetruth said:

I've found it quite a confusing story to follow.  As far as I can tell, it's a just another mass data breach.  There wasn't any fraud, just unauthorised gathering of personal information for marketing purposes.  The political dimension is interesting, but not that scandalous, and probably didn't swing the outcome of the Trump/Brexit votes.  To  be perfectly honest, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on the facts.

That's the thing though.  The direct targeting of people as a result of that mass 'Data breach' has far reaching consequences.