Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

There is a lot of bad stuff going on in Haiti, first the earthquake, then the Clintons, now Oxfam.

Meanwhile people have only just moved out of their tents and still no significant infrastructure has been built since the earthquake.

It seems to me that a lot, (but not all) of big organisations that are meant to help are busy pushing their own political and ideological agendas rather than really getting down to the business in hand.

The Clinton foundation are a notoriously self serving institution, no surprise that they had little impact on the devastation caused by the earthquake in Haiti. Quite a few people made a couple of quid along the way no doubt.

Then came OXFAM. Who were highly critical of the Clinton Foundation’s corruption.

Oxfam push a very left wing anti capitalism message (although they do have a very bloated and costly executive board.) They always push the “victim stereotype” on the people they are meant help because that’s what suits their political narrative. The downside of that is that the ‘victims’ never become ‘victors’ over their circumstances because Oxfam policies foster an aid dependency culture.

Now it is starting to come out that Save the Children (Heavily bankrolled by none other than George Soros) are coming onto certain people’s radar amid allegations of human trafficking. Soros is a big advocate of the wholesale movement of people across borders after all. Given his ideologies and agendas, should we really be surprised that this is the kind of ‘help’ that gets dished out.

It’s like a pattern starts to emerge.

It will interesting to see how this unfolds in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TIMON said:

There is a lot of bad stuff going on in Haiti, first the earthquake, then the Clintons, now Oxfam.

Meanwhile people have only just moved out of their tents and still no significant infrastructure has been built since the earthquake.

It seems to me that a lot, (but not all) of big organisations that are meant to help are busy pushing their own political and ideological agendas rather than really getting down to the business in hand.

The Clinton foundation are a notoriously self serving institution, no surprise that they had little impact on the devastation caused by the earthquake in Haiti. Quite a few people made a couple of quid along the way no doubt.

Then came OXFAM. Who were highly critical of the Clinton Foundation’s corruption.

Oxfam push a very left wing anti capitalism message (although they do have a very bloated and costly executive board.) They always push the “victim stereotype” on the people they are meant help because that’s what suits their political narrative. The downside of that is that the ‘victims’ never become ‘victors’ over their circumstances because Oxfam policies foster an aid dependency culture.

Now it is starting to come out that Save the Children (Heavily bankrolled by none other than George Soros) are coming onto certain people’s radar amid allegations of human trafficking. Soros is a big advocate of the wholesale movement of people across borders after all. Given his ideologies and agendas, should we really be surprised that this is the kind of ‘help’ that gets dished out.

It’s like a pattern starts to emerge.

It will interesting to see how this unfolds in the coming weeks.

Which "certain people"?

4 hours ago, difflock said:

What if I were extremely insensitive and said,

that the root of the problem lies in 1st world aid keeping all those babies, infants and children alive, but not providing a future for them, or their parents, or their counteries.

And then keeping the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th generation of resultant babies alive, born from each artifically kept alive previous generation.

So, is it really something to take pride in, this perpetual do-gooder meddling?

just a thought

Surely keeping people alive well into adulthood is key for making a lasting difference. Once people can feel secure that there will be some children alive to look after them as they age they will not have to go down the 'many kids to make sure one survives' strategy. This obviously needs to be coupled with education and unrestricted access to birth control.

Regarding aid. The former Mrs Idiot's parents spent last year volunteering in Uganda. A country still reeling from the grotesque Idi Amin years. 

Her parents are atheist farmers. (Can you possible imagine a more potent combination of evil?) Nick spent the year teaching sustainable farming methods to a population that had not been taught even the very basics of farming practice. Joan taught beekeeping so they could start to produce their own honey.

Their flights, room and board were paid for by a charity. This is aid. To suggest that this sort of assistance should be witheld from people in desperate situations through no fault of their own is truly bizzare and frankly very disturbing.

There is good aid and there is bad aid. We need to sort the wheat from the chaff and continue to help people in need.

• Like 3

Which "certain people"?

It’s no big secret , Garry. The Vos Hestia is a ship chartered by Save the Children, it has been filmed picking up cargos of people In Libya supplied by known people traffickers. They are on watch lists now.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TIMON said:

It’s no big secret , Garry. The Vos Hestia is a ship chartered by Save the Children, it has been filmed picking up cargos of people In Libya supplied by known people traffickers. They are on watch lists now.

Would you pm your address? I need to send your papers back. Sorry its been so long! 

Edited by breffni

9 hours ago, scotspine1 said:

You haven't read her book so you're displaying a lack of openness to evidence. You're copy/pasting second hand criticism of her. Then posting links by your atheist guru Sam Harris.

Well done. 

Thanks.:thumbup: Always happy for a bit of encouragement.

I only heard about her book, from you, an hour before I posted. I watched the video of her that you put up which summarises her views on the subject. I then gave my thoughts, including quotes from books that I have read.

The fact that Sam Harris is an atheist is completely irrelevant. The link is an interview he did with the founder of the effective altruism movement.

Have you accessed the links? Do you dare!?

Thanks.:thumbup: Always happy for a bit of encouragement.

I only heard about her book, from you, an hour before I posted. I watched the video of her that you put up which summarises her views on the subject. I then gave my thoughts, including quotes from books that I have read.

The fact that Sam Harris is an atheist is completely irrelevant. The link is an interview he did with the founder of the effective altruism movement.

Have you accessed the links? Do you dare!?

Would Sam Harris be comfortable working in partnership with a Christian (for example) organisation if it really helped people, I wonder?

Here’s a really interesting book on why a lot of ‘charity aid’ is ineffective.
Warning.... it is Christian in its ethos but it does confront some uncomfortable truths.

IMG_5874.jpg