Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

4 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

She's lost jobs on tv, radio and newspapers because of the hatred and bile that she spouts. We all make mistakes, most of us only do it the once, mind.

I hope they lock her up and throw away the key.

Jail her for being a journalist?...   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ernesto said:

Got a mate who works for DPD (15 years plus I think). Could be wrong, but as I understand their deal, the drivers hold a franchise for the area they deliver to and as such they agreed to be the DPD service for that patch, like Costa, McDonalds etc. I think he gets 2 weeks a year off where the company will pay for the cover as part of the contract, if you want/need more time off they'll provide the cover (agency drivers generally 2 guys to cover what the one driver would do) and then bill you for this. This isn't a fine its a charge for cover when you're not covering the work of your franchise area. Its expensive though as you aren't delivering and therefore no pay for you (they get paid by the number of deliveries) and then the cover charge comes out of your monthly amount. So 2 weeks off will effectively be knack all for the month. So yea the initial whinge is pretty much rubbish as those were the terms the guy agreed to.

Also  there's a lot of these self employed/franchise jobs out there, which apparently are ok with the HMRC rules, but I'd say with most of them its employed  really.

Eggs,

Re my constant quoting/questioning "contracts", & and your dogged "no contract" replies/statements,

Ernesto has enlightened one of us;

I.e., in fact there is a Contract,  however it is not a Contract of Employment, rather a (signed, presumably) Contractural Obligation to deliver a service, which at law is probably a more binding Document, in terms of financial penalties.

Like wot I also stated, re the financial penalties.

Scheesh

Edited by difflock

3 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Jail her for being a journalist?...   

The article is trash and biased (Obvs - "...The unpopular media pundit..."  ??  No so unpopular for me) in a trash rag read by beret wearing, bearded hypocrites.

Yeah, so she's investigating white farmers being murderd and dispossessed - observable historic fact.

Given the propensity, in certain quarters, to protest about such matters when it's the distant relatives of indigenous populations complaining about colonial injustice (Rhodes Must Fall for example), you'd think the hysterical reaction to apparent injustice would carry equal weight regardless of the relative skin pigment.  

It is after all - a strikingly similar scenario.  So what....?  It's only injustice when its white against black but it doesn't really count when it's the other way around? 

I'm not sure which sickens me more, the grass roots complainants of the far distant ancestry of the aggrieved indigenous populations, or the hypocritical BS of their sympathisers....

• Like 3

Whats real journalism?..

who are you to say whats real or otherwise..   if a journalist comes round to get a story after your wife's been raped by black agitators for land redistribution why wouldn't you want to give a story?..

I'm sure as hell if white south africans went around raping and murdering black south africans you'd be the first to want it pointing out..

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mark J said:

It's not really Journalism is it?

It's certainly not going to be written from a non biased perspective is it?

Hop.thumb.jpg.a6d5b0180fbbcd0937b897855dffd41e.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.731d39c4dfeb04eee991ff67179ef7c8.jpeg

This a real racist in South Africa, the sooner he's swinging by the neck the better..

https://africacheck.org/reports/are-white-afrikaners-really-being-killed-like-flies/

Like most things, it's good to either research things a little, or to have friends over there.  People in general are killed at a higher rate in SA.  Regardless of the colour of their skin.  Cherry pick all you like.

Yup Zuma's a nasty piece of work.  Suggesting Lynching indicates you're a bit of a knacker. 

Edited by Mark J