Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, difflock said:

Growing up on a small farm, doing without many things I saw other children with, sleeping between sheets sewn together from Morton's flourbags, and being reared to know the value of a hard honestly earned pound

In true arbtalk tradition, it's time for a Monty Python sketch.:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, the village idiot said:

Was there another party who had no chance of winning but had more policies that you agreed with?

I don't think there's any such thing as a wasted vote. At the very least you can hope to send a message that another way of thinking is on the up, and there's always the outside chance of a coalition.

If we never vote for other parties they will never get anywhere and we'll remain in this endless loop of blame and getting nowhere.

TBH I dont know. I agree on it never being a wasted vote, I think it should be law that we all vote, too many good men and women have died for that right.

I would have to have a very long hard look at all the parties but I guess none of them would represent what I think I want for me and my family, which is all that matters to me, and that would probably be in the short term as it doesnt matter what happens in the next 100 years or so, relatively speaking.

I want a yacht, and a Lamborghini, but probably need good health care, decent education and a nicer place to live in.

Not sure which party full fills both those needs/wants?

4 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

TBH I dont know. I agree on it never being a wasted vote, I think it should be law that we all vote, too many good men and women have died for that right.

I would have to have a very long hard look at all the parties but I guess none of them would represent what I think I want for me and my family, which is all that matters to me, and that would probably be in the short term as it doesnt matter what happens in the next 100 years or so, relatively speaking.

I want a yacht, and a Lamborghini, but probably need good health care, decent education and a nicer place to live in.

Not sure which party full fills both those needs/wants?

Sounds like your best bet would be Conservative Mesterh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I watched it on Adrew Marr this morning Eggs.  It was quite funny, no sooner had he said he would like to see Comrade Corbyn as PM, the light of realisation dawned on him, that apart from a particular quadrant of society, anything that came out of his treacherous, murdering, terrorist, scum bag mouth would be the kiss of death as far as any sane individual was concerned....  

Hey-Ho...  Hamas, IRA, PLO.....  Some canny friends the Leader of Her Majesty's Opposition has, not to mention the lunatics in the shadow Cabinet.  

Can I take from the above that you aren't keen on Gerry Adams?

I was talking to an old boy today who made his money in banking, Bright as a button the old boy is. If I wanted to invest any tut he'd be the man I'd ask. He's a sensiblist bloke (Tory). He reckons there WONT be a general election this year.

That said, I've listened to experts before.

8 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I'll drink to that :D

Speaking of "don't have to answer", I'll just break down the previously implied observation and leave the outstanding question hanging out there for you:

You seek to lambast those that identify / align / admire JRM on the basis that he is duplicitous because his personal beliefs don't neatly align with his party's political policy position on (your quote) a single issue.

Are we to assume the plank in your eye has blinded you to the obvious, multiple parallels which exist within Comrade Corbyn's personal v party political policy positions - or is it just that the single example you seem to be presenting for JRM's unsuitability as a politician is more significant than the multiple apparent moral conflicts that Corbyn faces.  Or is it simpler than that.....?

Perhaps you're one of those angry, illogical, shouty, self entitled, momentum louts that thinks suppression of intelligent discussion is OK so long as you're wearing your Che Guevara T shirt, beret and "Anonymous" face mask?  

You don't have to answer......  (it's quite apparent)     

Mog, could become pm with no one voting for him. As the tories are in power.  That's a lot of power for someone with views like his. 

The definitive answer is upon us!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-5351721/DOMINIC-LAWSON-Lefties-no-oil-paintings.html

(Don't worry that it is being reported in the Daily Mail (take a Herculean effort to set your personal biases apart for a second), that is merely the reproduction and interpretation of the source reference which comes from the Political and Life Sciences journal - a biannual, interdisciplinary peer-reviewed journal with a global audience:  http://www.aplsnet.org/journal.html)

And there we have it....

Handsome bar stewards of world unite against Marxism!!  :lol: