Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

30 minutes ago, WesD said:

Thanks for sorting that mess out, phew war averted!

Always glad to help WesD, I wouldn't want to think some people are digging out a survival bunker on account of a few scare stories in the paper..

If you want any other good advice you know who to ask.. I'm always here to help!!!!!!!.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stihlmadasever said:

Aint coleeeeeen pregnant again to the 

"Lump"...

Indeed she is, the fourth one I believe...

Going off Wayne's past record in regards the whores he keeps as company, I'd say it was a triumph of hope over experience in regards her putting it out for that useless potato faced lump, wouldn't you?...  the mind boggles at one will do for money..  

I generally avoid this thread as the regular posters are a lot more intelligent, witty, and clued in than me, so I generally leave it feeling stupid and behind the times, but the fact we are discussing North Korea and Wayne/Coleen Rooney on the same page makes me think there's a few more Sun readers frequenting this thread than I initially thought. Who'd have thought a premiership footballer getting caught b**ls deep in some wanabe celebrity slag! SHOCKING:o

P.S. North Koreas ICBM programme may resemble the local Halloween fireworks display but as for teams of generals and boffins keeping both nutters in check, remember they're surrounded by yes men.

This didn't make me chuckle quite so much....

https://www.farminguk.com/news/Labour-MP-sparks-Twitter-controversy-with-Wind-in-the-Willows-meme_47298.html

A worthy cause, but a dreadful politician.  To hang your hat on a popularist theme simply as a mechanism to criticise the other side makes her little better than the algipan chasing whores of Aldderley Edge.

24 minutes ago, flatyre said:

Who'd have thought a premiership footballer getting caught b**ls deep in some wanabe celebrity slag! SHOCKING:o

Whats shocking isn't Wayne getting out the cash for a flash, but his wife putting up with the muppet..  has she no shame?..

As to the yes men, I wouldn't be so sure, history is full of leaders who were assassinated for getting in front of themselves.. only the odd loon makes it through to be honest.. its those you tend to hear about..

In the case of North Korea, I suspect Kim is a hostage to his generals ambitions,  they want a workable nuke. Though they may want one, and may get one with a delivery system, the last thing they want is to end up dead on account of their leaders reckless behavior..

Believe you me, Kim Jong Un is more afraid of his generals than they are afraid of him..

Edited by Vespasian

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

As in (I think all) so-called communist systems, the ruling classes are MOST scared of the Proletariat - that's where the greatest threat lies.... 

Most political systems, no all political systems fear their electorate/population if they know whats good for em.. The fact that North Korea is communist is of no consequence..  The leader is beholden to those that surround him..  In Kim's case, he has a group of generals he needs to keep happy or else..

He might get rid of one or two here and there, but if he gets too ambitious they may just turn on him and make him disappear...