Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

9 hours ago, sime42 said:

Ummm. For me that doesn't quite cut it, as a justification for Israel's actions. Even if they did hold fair and free elections in Gaza. Do they even allow women and children to vote?

All the more reason to destroy Hamas and allow a move into the 21st century?

Carry on IDF.

Hamas launched their attack in fear of Israel/ Saudi relationship normalising. Without instability in the ME Hamas would live in fear of loosing it's grip and their being an "Arab Spring" in Palestine. 

Nothing will change until Hamas is erased.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, sime42 said:

WWW.MIDDLEEASTEYE.NET

Rather than taking the country into uncharted territory, Labour's move brings the UK closer to previous policy

Interesting - a lot of historical details that I didn't know

[Margaret Thatcher “You cannot be selective in your defense of law - you cannot say, 'I like that law, I will uphold that one, I will not uphold the other',” she said in June 1981, denouncing the Israeli bombing of Iraq’s Osiraq nuclear reactor.]

This bit is the crux of it for me - people say Hamas has to be expunged, but they don't say illegal Israeli settlers have to leave the West Bank.  Nearly 1,500 Palestinians have been unlawfully killed by Israeli forces in the West Bank in the past 16 years – 98 percent of them civilians, ...

[Blair’s government, in fact, privately accused Israeli forces of acting more like “the Russian army than that of a civilised country”, according to newly released official files reported by The Guardian.

One British officer, who had observed Israeli military operations in the occupied West Bank, Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem, described the military as “a second-rate, ill-disciplined, swaggering, and bullying force”.]

• Like 1

How will they erase hamas unless they kill all 2 million people as the ones killed can be replaced by new recruits eventually?

Whats the long term plan for Gaza?

Doesn't seem anyway now thats leads to a postive outcome.....for either side.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Stere said:

How will they erase hamas unless they kill all 2 million people as the ones killed can be replaced by new recruits eventually?

Whats the long term plan for Gaza?

Doesn't seem anyway now thats leads to a postive outcome.....for either side.

House to house like what's happening now I suppose?

If who fills the void after Hamas promises more than Virgins and a Man servant,then people will take up that offer.

Look at how the IRA foundered after prosperity came to Ireland.

• Like 1

WWW.LINKEDIN.COM

Switzerland has banned the burqa by referendum, considering it an act of terrorism. The Swiss...

Well done the Swiss, strange how popular the old covid farce era masks are for court cases or other rather humiliating events in people lives. 

37 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
WWW.LINKEDIN.COM

Switzerland has banned the burqa by referendum, considering it an act of terrorism. The Swiss...

Well done the Swiss, strange how popular the old covid farce era masks are for court cases or other rather humiliating events in people lives. 

But Catholic nuns... they're OK? So long as the scary eyes behind the mask are white we are all happy.

Ask for masks... nothing new, the accused are often seen hiding their faces - did you only ever start watching the news 4 years ago?

23 minutes ago, Steven P said:

But Catholic nuns... they're OK? So long as the scary eyes behind the mask are white we are all happy.

Ask for masks... nothing new, the accused are often seen hiding their faces - did you only ever start watching the news 4 years ago?

Well...if the Swiss disliked Catholic Nuns who wore masks,they could also ban them too?

That's the thing with a democracy. 

• Like 1