Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Not my mob mark but I won’t just sit and blame one bunch while ignoring the other which is what you are doing. Explain why breaking an officers nose on camera has not been met with the same response?? . You of all people should understand the long term consequences of battering down views you don’t want to hear or disagree with. 42 seems to think it’s weird to worry about what starmer is doing right in front of us and alluding to what comes next. You seriously think there is not massive amounts of discontent with many of the communication effected by the riots 

IMG_9973.png

Obviously there was a bit of back story to the airport stuff. It appears that the two lads mum just got off a plane where she was racially abused, being called a p**i among other things. Clearly there’s a story to pull apart there in how things escalated to that point. There’s also the disproportionate use of force by the police officer who booted the lad in the face. It also didn’t spill over into wider civil terrorism. 

Not to condone any of it, and I’m sure sentences will be handed down in time. But I think by all accounts the conduct of the far right at present is a more pressing and concerning issue. 

17 minutes ago, Steven P said:

100+ police officers are also hurt in these protests also. Some are also women. Why up tight about 1 lady police officer being hurt amongst so many? Checks nationality / religion of the offenders.

So the Southport man admitted the offence, justice is done quickly without a trial. Manchester man didn't and so the police have to gather all the evidence to create a case to take to court so enable a win. Manchester police are gathering evidence which takes longer than "Did you do it?" "Yes" "OK, off to prison". Is that simple enough. Not much more to it than that, certainly no 2 tiers of policing.

Southport man went out that evening to cause trouble, premeditated, Manchester man was flying home with his mum where I believe he squared up to someone giving his mum racist abuse and it kicked off from there, no premeditation. 

Christ SP is that your version of it eh, how bloody convenient 

11 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Why are the communities doing it? The top line is they are being wound up - like some on here - by the press, by Farage, by Robinson, to a lesser extent by Trump, by the internet forums and social media all saying "we are being over run or attacked, defend yourselves"... and that goes to both sides of the argument - Farage et al appealing to the White British and their messaging by inference the Muslim community "Farage and his mob are gong to attack, lets defend".

That's the headline reasoning why the communities are dong it. Deeper into it though there are universal social problems making the idiots susceptible to the suggestions that throwing bricks at the police is a good idea - poverty, poor living conditions, the 'great and the good' lording over them, no view on how to better themselves, and so on. Not seen many of the protestors coming out of their £300k+ Barratt houses do we? They are pouring out of the £150k Victorian terraces though.

If you look at for example the knife crime hotspots in the country (or gun crime areas in the US) the demographic of both sets overlap.

Maybe instead of seeing who can shout the loudest over whose fault it is, left or right, maybe understand the problem and say to the politicians that that is what needs to be addressed. It can be done, look at say Glasgow, 20 years ago, a lot of stabbyness, some areas I wouldn't walk alone at night where I would happily now, a political will changed that, a realisation of the issues... and they is what is needed.

So Farage and Robinson

plus Trump are to blame ? 

7 hours ago, Mark J said:

What do you men by "Whichever side"? 

Whichever side of what?

Are you in a race war or something?

Left or right Mark, you know fine well. 

Stop trying so bloody hard to paint a picture ffs, you are supposed to be university educated. I think Starmer had a chance to diffuse this right at the start instead we’ve been utterly bombarded with the Far Right thing from Labour. 

Edited by Johnsond

11 minutes ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

Obviously there was a bit of back story to the airport stuff. It appears that the two lads mum just got off a plane where she was racially abused, being called a p**i among other things. Clearly there’s a story to pull apart there in how things escalated to that point. There’s also the disproportionate use of force by the police officer who booted the lad in the face. It also didn’t spill over into wider civil terrorism. 

Not to condone any of it, and I’m sure sentences will be handed down in time. But I think by all accounts the conduct of the far right at present is a more pressing and concerning issue. 

Yeah that’s it 🤔 Christ there’s me thinking they’d attacked the police on camera . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Christ SP is that your version of it eh, how bloody convenient 

That's the story on our window of the world and the press, yes. I commented the other day that the police and justice system is slow, got to give it time to revolve and not a few days to see full and correct justice being done.

9 hours ago, Johnsond said:

🤷‍♂️I’ll not get overly excited about that as ist and ic is the last  resort 😂 basically meaningless internet rubbish. You guys don’t seem to get the fact that as long as the perception or the optics of the situation stay the same the discontent will stay. Starmer had a golden opportunity to do some good on this occasion and has failed to do so without doubt. Not everyone who is concerned about the direction of this country is a racist far right thug. Looking back at Starmers past it’s a shame he didn’t display the same zeal and vigorour on all occasions whilst at the CPS. 

f90c95ed-1bb3-452b-84f7-58e011022c9d.jpeg

hey, alf garnett, get back in your box and shut up

and keep your holiday photos to yourself too

Edited by manco

4 hours ago, 5thelement said:

Why are there no Scottish Cities currently burning, are there not enough  English racists living there?

Better bus loads of fat gammons up over the border sharpish, loads of Greggs up there. 👍

cos dave the wang doesnt wanna start it in his own back yard. thats why hes stirring it in england

4 hours ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

Derek Drummond receives longest sentence so far over far-right disorder, with two others jailed...

Swift and harsh justice and deservedly so. Now can anyone tell me how the case is progressing with the two Muslim males who attacked the police officers in Manchester Airport resulting in a female office suffering a broken nose. Surely with the amount of video footage available that is also gonna be dealt with at breakneck speed. 

bunch of shifty looking bellends arent they.