Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

24 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

Labour has called Jeremy Hunt "desperately out of touch" for claiming that £100,000 is not a...

He’s not far wrong in reality, it’s a cracking wage but not huge by any means after tax and NI are factored in. 

It's middle of the road these days.

£175k would be high.

It's easy for couples to earn £200k plus these days.

24 minutes ago, Botty Cough said:

It's middle of the road these days.

£175k would be high.

It's easy for couples to earn £200k plus these days.

That's not at all the case. Most people are well below that 50k puts you up in as a top earner 

5 minutes ago, mtt.tr said:

That's not at all the case. Most people are well below that 50k puts you up in as a top earner 

Maybe so but many are not, the point is it’s not huge at all nowadays. The tax bands are a joke we all know that. 50k is not in anyway a “top earner” wage 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Maybe so but many are not, the point is it’s not huge at all nowadays. The tax bands are a joke we all know that. 50k is not in anyway a “top earner” wage 

It's more then 94% of the population 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mtt.tr said:

Then 94% are poor then.

Middle management jobs are £70k + for looking after say 5-6 teams of cutters .

Sales people are taking in excess of £100k .

Procurement managers are taking £150k plus if they are good.

So a couple who both have professional jobs can easily earn £200k

8 minutes ago, mtt.tr said:

It doesn’t matter, it’s still not huge, I’m not condoning the cost of living or the current government. My instincts are conservative but this government is far from that. Less tax for those lower down would benefit everybody. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

It doesn’t matter, it’s still not huge, I’m not condoning the cost of living or the current government. My instincts are conservative but this government is far from that. Less tax for those lower down would benefit everybody. 

Maybe the lower earners can get higher wages if they ask....

When I see ranger jobs advertised for land management at £21k and chainsaw operator jobs for similar money employed and don't see how they will ever get staff.

Seen a job recently requirements are plant tickets along with various other high grade skills along with chainsaw operation etc etc it's quite clear employers are taking their chances with desperate people and offering them £12-£14ph it's a joke .

I wouldn't work for less than £60k anymore.

For 60k are you bringing any kit to the party? or is that just for your time alone? £30 to £35 an hour, your charge out rate would need to be about £65 an hour for a company to make a profit from your time, plus kit expenses, say £70 an hour. If I assume work 80% of the time would suggest a company would need to charge £700 a day. Sounds a bit steep - say a domestic tree job, 3 person team, £2100 a day. I might be in the wrong business.

• Like 1

To be honest I charge the top of what I can, but I come with a land rover full of kit as I did run a business. I like my subby life gives me plenty of flexibility 

• Like 3