Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

6 minutes ago, Kimosabi said:

What country do you live in?  The NHS is on its knees ffs people sitting outside the hospitals in ambulances for hours upon hours waiting to get seen in a+e that's even if the ambulance turns up in the first place, it's hard to take you seriously at all after saying that 

The NHS is certainly on its knees. It could be argued that’s not anything to do with lack of funding but how the NHS squanders the bloated budget it receives. As mentioned a huge drain on the NHS is the frivolities the very left Leaning management squander it on. I’ll go out on a limb here and assume the very same managers that hire 700k “diversity managers” did not vote for Brexit. Wise up man, seriously.  Your continued attempt at impartiality is a joke. Or have you dropped the farcical pretence now?  I don’t think anyone apart from your chums in your echo chamber have taken one word you’ve posted seriously. 

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Kimosabi said:

That'll explain why it's totally ****************ed? You are clearly mental 

Totally ****************ed  because it’s badly ran, overstaffed in all the wrong areas and supporting a ludicrous amount of 6 figure plus salaries. You really really should go and look at the scale of salaries being paid to the upper echelons of NHS management. Come back after you’ve done some research with a daily or even hourly figure to run the nhs and fund the astronomical waste that goes hand in hand with it. NHS trusts !!!! what a wonderful  idea that turned out to be. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, devon TWiG said:

The main problem with the NHS is not being able to get people out and in to care homes , due to a lack of cheap labour to work in care homes , they are still £1k+ per week !!

Or the thousands that  were binned during covid. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Big J said:

I do not mention your wage as a mark of disrespect, far from it. You bring it up fairly regularly, and today is the first time I've referenced it.

I really don’t. 

53 minutes ago, Big J said:

My point is that your lofty salary (when compared to the UK average), along with the fact that you mostly work offshore, means that you are inevitably going to be a little disconnected from what constitutes normal. Plus Aberdeenshire is a bit odd anyway

I live in Angus. ;) 

My salary provides me a way to enable my wife to stay at home and ensure my mortgage is paid off in a timely manner and I’ve taken care of my pension. The remaining income is no different to the vast majority of families. I have to watch the pennies like everyone else. 

59 minutes ago, Big J said:

I agree that some trades need to be paid better. I'd also argue that some need to have their pay cut. There is also the question of productivity and skill. UK workers are often less productive and less skilled. A school that my wife's architecture practice built over ten years ago ran into difficulties when local joiners didn't seem to understand the concept of air tightness and kept breaching the air tightness membrane on an Austrian timber kit. This caused issues.

Lots of Trades need paid better because they have seen a genuine drop in standards directly linked to the influx of Eastern European Immigrants. You can’t deny that, right? So a shining light on the benefits of Brexit is these guys getting a wage that someone living in the U.K. deserves and needs. 
Less productive how? Less productive because they are getting bent over the work bench and asked to take it without lube? I’d be less productive too if my wages where decimated by an influx of cheap foreign labour. 

Your anecdotal story of a British Chippy crew being expected to intuitively understand the complexities of a Continental Kit House is just silly. Sounds like the school cheaped out and took the lowest quote without considering if they where qualified for the job. 

1 hour ago, Big J said:

I don't know what the answer is Andy. Yes, some wages need to go up, some need to come down and there needs to be a general wealth transfer from the top 1% down to the lower echelons. Society is getting progressively less equal and Brexit isn't helping this.

Come on BJ, deep down in your bones you feel you have the answer. 🤣 

We finally agree on something though, the top 1% or more realistically the top 0.1% need a day of reckoning. Never gonna happen though, not when we’re at each other’s throats over the pennies . 

• Like 1