Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

17 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

You surprise me Mark you talk the talk all social justice and decency etc yet when something is put up about a party that at first glance for a change seems to be promoting decency, family values, good education for kids, observing and respecting  democratic decisions etc etc you turn on the smug pseudo left wing radical bollocks. One things for sure your not Labour in the traditional sense at all Mark in any way shape or form. 

So what? 

You asked me what I thought about the new fringe party in Scotland so I told you. 

What's your problem? I'm genuinely pleased that you've found a party to vote for, you've went on about how they're all as bad as each other recently, I'm glad you've decided to give engagement in politics another go. 

Edited by Mark J

41 minutes ago, Mark J said:

So what? 

You asked me what I thought about the new fringe party in Scotland so I told you. 

What's your problem? I'm genuinely pleased that you've found a party to vote for, you've went on about how they're all as bad as each other recently, I'm glad you've decided to give engagement in politics another go. 

You’ve got a degree have you not Mark ?

14 minutes ago, Mark J said:

That's a very random question Dave. 
is your problem that I might have a degree?
You'll have to elaborate as I'm lousy at cryptic crosswords. 

No not at all it’s just the back and forth with you yesterday was reminiscent of me trying to deal with the kids of mine whom did attend university. Ive no problem with people being educated to the extent of obtaining a degree although I don’t think it’s for everyone and the whole Blair era push for it has turned out to be another of his utter F Ups. 

Edited by Johnsond

14 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

No not at all it’s just the back and forth with you yesterday was reminiscent of me trying to deal with the kids of mine whom did attend university. 

OK.
It's certainly not for everyone. 
Did your kids benefit from the excellent system of free degrees in Scotland or did they study elsewhere?

Edited by Mark J

12 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

No not at all it’s just the back and forth with you yesterday was reminiscent of me trying to deal with the kids of mine whom did attend university. Ive no problem with people being educated to the extent of obtaining a degree although I don’t think it’s for everyone and the whole Blair era push for it has turned out to be another of his utter F Ups. 

I think you’re flattering him here Dave. 🤣

8 minutes ago, Mark J said:

OK.
It's certainly not for everyone. 
Did your kids benefit from the excellent system of free degrees in Scotland or did they study elsewhere?

The excellent system you describe Mark is not actually that at all, the free places are getting less year after year bud. The universities make the money from overseas paying students hence the numbers of those places have increased. Do some research on it Mark it’s an eye opener. 
No the ones whom did go went down in Newcastle so have the debt to go with it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

The excellent system you describe Mark is not actually that at all, the free places are getting less year after year bud. The universities make the money from overseas paying students hence the numbers of those places have increased. Do some research on it Mark it’s an eye opener. 
No the ones whom did go went down in Newcastle so have the debt to go with it. 

I know a bit about how universities make money.

I got into debt for my first degree, I had the money in my pocket to pay for my second one. 

Edited by Mark J

3 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I know a bit about how universities make money.

I got into debt for my first degree, I had the money in my pocket to pay for my second one. 

I’m sure you do but the whole free uni for all lie in Scotland is what I’m on about. Not how or what you did or paid for. It’s yet another bit of good work by the SNP pr team.