Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

13 hours ago, daltontrees said:

Betting's for mugs. And how do we predict when there would be a votre for independence?

You do it all the time - and I’d wager (pun intended😂) you’re very good at it to boot!

Its just a case of considering the circumstances and presenting a best guess based upon observation and accrued knowledge. Not notably different to tree risk assessments. 

I totally accept your point about wanting ‘out’ from an inappropriate, seemingly inept, perceived as corrupt, unrepresentative, aloof and inherently flawed financial, economic and social construct (Westminster), but using this as a pseudo justification for Scottish independence throws up the blatantly obvious lie which is attached to that rationale because, in tandem with the ‘independence’ of casting off the Westminster yoke,  you seem to be advocating the immediate buckling on of the EU yoke which not only replicates the majority of Westminster’s failings it actually amplifies them by 26 (is it 26 now?)

And so, herein lies the flaw and exposes the reality behind Scottish independence. 

It is more about disgusting, deep rooted, anti- English, nationalist sentiment than anything else. 

Many in England know this ‘uncomfortable truth’ and are simply so tired of the shite and lies that they’d happily support independence. 

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 7

18 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Have this for context, hundreds turned up at Calais to get over here, they were told to go to Paris to get their papers sorted... only a 600km round journey when they've been tramping for days on end.

Missed this eG5err...

Have this (back) for context....

For all the gum smacking faux outrage and indignant pouting....

Yome pissing up the wind, pulling a hairy shirt on and getting wrapped around the axle about numbers and processes which completely misses the point which appears common in many ‘refugee’ scenarios. 

The ‘solution’ to safe haven for millions of displaced people will NEVER be in 10s, 100s, 1000s of refugee applications. It is futile posture politics. 

The ‘solution’, especially in this case where it ‘seems’ the majority will actually want to return to their country of origin, is in temporary bulk / expeditionary accommodation  as close as practically / safely possible to the country of origin. 

50, 500, 5000 - piss & wind / smoke & mirrors. 

Good to see a nation with the kahunas to send the women and kids out and require the men to stay and effect a defence - a notable change from recent example. 

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Missed this eG5err...

Have this (back) for context....

For all the gum smacking faux outrage and indignant pouting....

Yome pissing up the wind, pulling a hairy shirt on and getting wrapped around the axle about numbers and processes which completely misses the point which appears common in many ‘refugee’ scenarios. 

The ‘solution’ to safe haven for millions of displaced people will NEVER be in 10s, 100s, 1000s of refugee applications. It is futile posture politics. 

The ‘solution’, especially in this case where it ‘seems’ the majority will actually want to return to their country of origin, is in temporary bulk / expeditionary accommodation  as close as practically / safely possible to the country of origin. 

50, 500, 5000 - piss & wind / smoke & mirrors. 

Good to see a nation with the kahunas to send the women and kids out and require the men to stay and effect a defence - a notable change from recent example. 

Maybe, but listening to Priti awful and Rees Dog you would think we are doing more than other countries, we aren't. Why haven't we set up shop in Calais to process these people?

Totally agree that strong/fit men should stay behind to defend the country.

Edited by eggsarascal
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

John Bercow has been found guilty of bullying House of Commons staff by the standards watchdog and banned from...

😳 I guess a few in Westminster will be happy. Yet another small man with a big bark. 

Finally some good news. That positioned dwarf finally got what was coming to him. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Have this for context, hundreds turned up at Calais to get over here, they were told to go to Paris to get their papers sorted... only a 600km round journey when they've been tramping for days on end.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Latest updates: Sir Roger Gale says home secretary’s comments about application centre in Calais ‘untrue’ as Liz...

Edited by Mark J

6 hours ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

John Bercow has been found guilty of bullying House of Commons staff by the standards watchdog and banned from...

😳 I guess a few in Westminster will be happy. Yet another small man with a big bark. 

Bercow’s due on LBC in a minute or two with Ian Dale. Will be interesting to hear what he has to say fir himself. 

I suspect he will claim a stitch up from the civil service that hold all the trump cards when someone recognises / challenges / attempts to rectify incompetence and that he is the victim. 

On 07/03/2022 at 18:22, daltontrees said:

Basket case my ****************ing arse! It would be hard at first, but Scotland would have to become a different entity, not a mini-England. I think it would do quite well as it has several niches it could carve out. The UK is a basket case already, it just borrows and borrows and has built its entire financial markets around the permanence of government borrowing.

Call me biased, but I am sick to my guts of old Etonian arrogant pricks trying to make us feel grateful to get a share of what is already ours. As I always say, I'd rather we made an arse of it ourselves than had an arse made of it for us by unaccountable wankers that we haven't chosen and never can oust even when the whole of Scotland votes against the UK majority. It might even cure scots of their unhealthy reliance on blaming England for all its woes. In fairness, England's only to blame for some of them. Some of them are universal woes, and we are resilient enough to manage them as competently as Bojo and his bumbling cohorts. With or withour EU. With or without russian gas. With or prefereably without nukes. Now there's a book-balancer in one stroke of the pen.

Well, an apology is an apology.... 

Legislation may be brought forward to pardon those convicted under the Witchcraft Act of 1563.

Actually could not believe that as i read it. K

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Bercow’s due on LBC in a minute or two with Ian Dale. Will be interesting to hear what he has to say fir himself. 

I suspect he will claim a stitch up from the civil service that hold all the trump cards when someone recognises / challenges / attempts to rectify incompetence and that he is the victim. 

Missed it. He's already been bitching about being stitched up earlier today.