Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

16 minutes ago, AHPP said:

I’ve often thought that requiring people to shed the same amount of body weight as the weight of plastic they waste a year (or have any deficit surgically removed) would solve more than one problem.

There would be a lot of skeletons about :D

4 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

What appears to be going unreported Mr E, is that, over the decades, and with governments of differing flavours, at each point where regularisation rules have been upgraded, notices have been issued to all of those that might be adversely effected, in advance of the changes so as to allow them to take appropriate measures. 

It’s all very well being too laid back to be bothered with admin and hassle, and maybe, rather than national racism, it is the very laid back nature of certain demographics that is at the root of the apparent pay gap, which the passive aggressive “real” racists such as DA, appear to wish to conflate with whatever current cause celeb they are promoting. 

I wonder if the habitually laid back will be too idle to riot by the end of the rabble rousing and media grand-standing?

I’m not registered at the local NHS dentist (out of choice.). Think I’ll go smash the place up for not looking at my ivories....

I'm going to call this out Mr Johnson.

From what I've read 'landing cards' were destroyed without being backed up. The 'Windrush generation' have on the whole worked for many years, in turn paying tax and NI. They will have had relatives die, children born, all this would have been recorded. That's before we get into school, college, uni records.

FFS, it can't be that difficult to work out who's here legit, and who ain't.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

From what I've read 'landing cards' were destroyed without being backed up. The 'Windrush generation' have on the whole worked for many years, in turn paying tax and NI. They will have had relatives die, children born, all this would have been recorded. That's before we get into school, college, uni records.

Totally agree!!

I think this is a case of the "Westminster bubble" they and the likes a of matey can't comprehend that some people don't travel or need a passport, some people just lead a quiet life. I heard accounts of people coming forward with payslips cover decades and that not being seen as proof.

Its like me, I have a paper driving licence, the same one I got 30 years ago after passing my test, people are often shocked I don't have photo one.

4 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Totally agree!!

I think this is a case of the "Westminster bubble" they and the likes a of matey can't comprehend that some people don't travel or need a passport, some people just lead a quiet life. I heard accounts of people coming forward with payslips cover decades and that not being seen as proof.

Its like me, I have a paper driving licence, the same one I got 30 years ago after passing my test, people are often shocked I don't have photo one.

Re the paper licensee  Dave . Don't you have to renew it periodically ?  I had the same but it has evolved with the times , beyond my control . What happens if you get a " producer " ? 

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:
22 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Duly noted Mr E!  I will now have to spend some time digging out the references to back it up....  But not tonight or tomorrow, and Thursday Friday are looking unlikely.  I know that won't matter because I could leave it a year and you'd pull me up this time 2019!

Duly noted Mr E!  I will now have to spend some time digging out the references to back it up....  But not tonight or tomorrow, and Thursday Friday are looking unlikely.  I know that won't matter because I could leave it a year and you'd pull me up this time 2019!

Totally agree regarding the landing cards, they should have been transferred to the national archive (whether in 'e' or fiche form) for the cultural / historical importance alone, notwithstanding that, they also still have reference and relevance to living people.  That part is an unmitigated, unjustifiable, inappropriate act of social history vandalism and whoever authorised it should be swinging by the test tackles.

Agreed, it shouldn't be beyond the whit of man to work out who's legit, and it shouldn't be beyond the capability of someone that's been here for 50+ years to have popped some paperwork in the post before it got to this stage.  2 way street.  

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Re the paper licensee  Dave . Don't you have to renew it periodically ?  I had the same but it has evolved with the times , beyond my control . What happens if you get a " producer " ? 

No, I got a speeding ticket earlier this year, sent it off, no issue.

12 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Totally agree!!

Do you mean me when you say 'matey?'

• Haha 1