Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Never bothered having a licence til the "good citizen" "law abiding" wife moved into my life and insisted upon it.... 🤔

I find that hard to believe, given your passion for the adherence to rules and regulations.

Fair Play, stick it to the man Kev!

If I ever doubted my TV licence money was being appropriately spent, any shred of confidence I may have had has definitely evaporated.

Never bothered having a licence til the "good citizen" "law abiding" wife moved into my life and insisted upon it.... 🤔

Rebel.

It'll be on the discovery channel Kevin, dismount from your high horse.

I find that hard to believe, given your passion for the adherence to rules and regulations.

Fair Play, stick it to the man Kev!

Rebel.

You can all Foxtrot Oscar!

High horse appropriately tethered Mick, it's just the corporate sponsorship of peadophiles and vastly inflated management, consultant and (so called) celeb salaries to worry about now then. (Now then, Now then! :lol::lol::lol:)

From where have you gained the impression that I'm a conformist Mark? It's not entirely accurate.

....Without a clue, Mr Speaker!

As usual you're probably right Kev, although mrs mays inability to do and say the right thing does not help either, who on earth advises that woman? She's a shambles.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Thankfully, it seems to have calmed down a bit on the civil unrest front Mull (despite the apparent best efforts of the career protesters and table rousers of the SWP.)

I'm not a fully paid up supporter of the May regime, although I am very much more at ease than I would be given the alternative.

Inability to do or say the right thing....? It's an interesting question. What would you say was the right thing?

So she didn't go have a look. So what? To do so would inevitably have distracted authorities that were doing their best (LFB, HSE, Police etc) from more important work. The last thing anyone needs is a string of VIP visits distracting time and resources.

It's a tragic incident but not a matter of national emergency that should distract central government from it's core business.

This is local government business - the council, the mayor. So far as I can see (incidentally, both the CEO of the council and the Mayor of London are on considerably higher salaries than the PM and neither has done a 'king thing worth a tupenny toss.)

What should the PM be doing about it? Nothing more or less than she has done in my estimation.

It may well be the case that whatever the PM does (or doesn't do) is going to result in a media shite fest and that she may, inevitably, be ousted by the power of the media if things continue like this. Laura Kuenssberg was nothing short of ignorant and rude with her incessant interruptions in the interview I saw.

I think there will be a long and sordid paper trail leading to some very questionable decisions as this unravels.

You can all Foxtrot Oscar!

High horse appropriately tethered Mick, it's just the corporate sponsorship of peadophiles and vastly inflated management, consultant and (so called) celeb salaries to worry about now then. (Now then, Now then! :lol::lol::lol:)

From where have you gained the impression that I'm a conformist Mark? It's not entirely accurate.

....Without a clue, Mr Speaker!

You're all over anyone and anything that doesn't suit your agenda, which is fair play.

Paying for a license that we all have to pay for, if we have a TV can go and get fecked mind?

Thankfully, it seems to have calmed down a bit on the civil unrest front Mull (despite the apparent best efforts of the career protesters and table rousers of the SWP.)

I'm not a fully paid up supporter of the May regime, although I am very much more at ease than I would be given the alternative.

Inability to do or say the right thing....? It's an interesting question. What would you say was the right thing?

So she didn't go have a look. So what? To do so would inevitably have distracted authorities that were doing their best (LFB, HSE, Police etc) from more important work. The last thing anyone needs is a string of VIP visits distracting time and resources.

It's a tragic incident but not a matter of national emergency that should distract central government from it's core business.

This is local government business - the council, the mayor. So far as I can see (incidentally, both the CEO of the council and the Mayor of London are on considerably higher salaries than the PM and neither has done a 'king thing worth a tupenny toss.)

What should the PM be doing about it? Nothing more or less than she has done in my estimation.

It may well be the case that whatever the PM does (or doesn't do) is going to result in a media shite fest and that she may, inevitably, be ousted by the power of the media if things continue like this. Laura Kuenssberg was nothing short of ignorant and rude with her incessant interruptions in the interview I saw.

I think there will be a long and sordid paper trail leading to some very questionable decisions as this unravels.

If Theresa was doing and saying the right things you wouldn't need to blame the media Kev, she simply keeps getting it wrong.

Laura kuenssberg is by far the most irritating political journalist I've ever seen, can't stand the woman.

You're all over anyone and anything that doesn't suit your agenda, which is fair play.

Paying for a license that we all have to pay for, if we have a TV can go and get fecked mind?[/

We don't HAVE to Mr Speaker!

If you watch TV as it's being broadcast you need a TV licence.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/tv-licence

If Theresa was doing and saying the right things you wouldn't need to blame the media Kev, she simply keeps getting it wrong.

Laura kuenssberg is by far the most irritating political journalist I've ever seen, can't stand the woman.

I'm not blaming the media Mull. Been listening to a bit too much LBC of late, they appear (to me) to be advancing an anti-May agenda.

I genuinely think it's not the PMs business to be intimately involved in local government, especially where local government appears to be away on holiday. If, in that interview, she'd said "ive had the Mayor and the council leader in, given them an almighty bollocking and sent them away to get a grip of their departments" Id have had a lot more respect for her.

It doesn't appear to be going particularly well I agree.

[quote name=kevinjohnsonmbe;1590802

It doesn't appear to be going particularly well I agree.

Yes' date=' when the most popular political party in the country is an utter shambles and can't find a credible leader when we are undertaking a fairly big deal in brexit!

It doesn't fill one with hope:(

Paying for a license that we all have to pay for, if we have a TV can go and get fecked mind?[/

We don't HAVE to Mr Speaker!

If you watch TV as it's being broadcast you need a TV licence.

TV licence: Do I need a TV licence? - MoneySavingExpert

If we want to split hairs we can do.

I'm sure you know what I meant.

You often tell us that you are watching QT on a Thursday, if that's the case you need a TV license, which you only got because your wife insisted on it.

Don't bang on about other folk floating the rules when you've openly admitted that you've floated the rules.

It's not one rule for you and one rule for the rest of us.