Man and chipper hire rugby

Jammydogg

Chip on price only, as you'll regret 8 hours solid chipping for £150, or even £250. Imo a whole day chipping no questions asked would need to be £500+VAT

Really! Where do you get these figures from?

Just to put things in perspective I hired a bloke with a mini digger on Tuesday, Cost me £180...... £500+VAT........ I ask ya.

If you can get it, good luck.

Edited by eggsarascal

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chip on price only, as you'll regret 8 hours solid chipping for £150, or even £250. Imo a whole day chipping no questions asked would need to be £500+VAT

Wow lad, no chance of getting work with that sort of figure man.

I'm using the £150-£250 as a rough figure, obviously a whole days solid chipping would need looking

I used to do it at £35 a hr for chipping + £1 a mile travelling there and back. Winter only. NO OLD stuff that had been in a pile for years either haha. Min 2hrs.

Did well and picked up lots of other work as well.

Brilliant idea pad man an hourly rate is the way forward i think, min 2hours like you say, 👍🏾👍🏾

That figure is based on a solid days chipping with a 9" Bandit I.e a 4 man crew flat out producing stuff to chip or a huge pile to work through and taking a load away. Regardless of chipper size would you really want to do such a horrid job all day for less, when you could get £300 ish for a simple mornings work, why charge less...anyone who needs the service is probably between a rock and a hard place anyway

That figure is based on a solid days chipping with a 9" Bandit I.e a 4 man crew flat out producing stuff to chip or a huge pile to work through and taking a load away. Regardless of chipper size would you really want to do such a horrid job all day for less, when you could get £300 ish for a simple mornings work, why charge less...anyone who needs the service is probably between a rock and a hard place anyway

Aaahhh, that makes much more sense mate.

Jeez. No offence lad, I'm not looking to make a career out of it, nor would I do a horrid job for less money, and it's just me and the chipper chipping for some1 else as extra string to the bow. It will be mostly used for my own works,