Rigging kit

karl1991

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might of missed it but I didn't see a sling for the bottom anchor *portawrap* and the top anchor *pulley/impact block*

add in some steel karabiners. I personally choose screwlock as they are differenet to our climbing kits and so shouldn't get confused with each other.

also some slings they can be the type you can get from petzl quite thin come in multiple sizes. or some 1 tonne lifting slings from anywhere that sells then as slings can help make life easier and have multiple uses.

just my 2p

have a good day and safe rigging.

I might of missed it but I didn't see a sling for the bottom anchor *portawrap* and the top anchor *pulley/impact block*

add in some steel karabiners. I personally choose screwlock as they are differenet to our climbing kits and so shouldn't get confused with each other.

also some slings they can be the type you can get from petzl quite thin come in multiple sizes. or some 1 tonne lifting slings from anywhere that sells then as slings can help make life easier and have multiple uses.

just my 2p

have a good day and safe rigging.

Agree on the steel carabiners although I did get 2 x steel boa locksafe in addition to the steel screwgates, regarding the slings again similar but DMM in a variety of lengths.

As far as a means of attaching the impact block & lowering device I think initially the op mentioned a dead eye sling but you're right, for attachment he'll need either 2 x dead eyes, 2 x whoopies or any combination thereof. I personally use 16mm (one dead eye and one whoopie) with 12mm Sirius Rigging rope.

The FR Jones kit linked to previously looks like a nice set-up.

Do people really have a problem confusing steel rigging crabs for ally climbing ones?

No, that's the point, easier to ask for a steel carabiner to be sent up rather than asking for a rigging carabiner to be sent up and then have to explain the difference.

Makes me laugh, OP said he wasnt doing anything massive, and instantly the most robust and expensive 'impact block' gets mentioned. Get a pinto Rig for light/medium stuff! You'd be surprised what they can do. Then spend your saved $$$ on other stuff.