What make of firewood Vertical Splitter do you use?

cessna

What he said...

Best splitter I have ever used. Not cheap, but what is good is rarely cheap

Which model of RABAUD vertical splitter do you have? I am considering F17 OR F20,I have 3ft daimeter +,very knotty Beech butts to split ,I do not want to buy a machine not up to the job!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Farmer II F16 model that runs from the tractor PTO. It has never refused anything I have given it in the past. Sometimes on a particularly knotty bit you have to take a couple of goes at it but it will always get there in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the rest of your kit. If you have very little equipment I'd say a vertical is more practical as you can man handle most sizes of logs under and break it up. If you have a something with forks, grab on a excavator, timber crane a horizontal would probably be a better option. The first option is definitely the more labour intensive

Using my 17 tonne Krpan, with stupidly simple cheap pto/pull cord winch today.

Snagging logs out of a jumbled pile and hoisting them in and up to drop down on a couple of cross logs, to leave a better height for cutting.

Effortless single handed operation, and v fast when running at tick-over revs on the 1000 shaft, and "Ah haint broke her yer Sur", which says sommat.

One of my more sensible purchases.

cheers

marcus

Please take a look at the following link

The Balfor Pro Vertical Range is available in 13,16,19,22 & 35 Ton versions all are available with a 1 Ton winch option.

If you need more information please contact me on 07495 613004

Andy Elliott

Chippers, shredders, stump grinders - Spectrum Plant Ltd

I looked at this splitter at the Arb show when I chose the Posch. As a splitter only the Balfour is a bit faster but the winch seemed very slow.

Suggest you compare both at the next Arb show and decide.

A

Are you impressed with your Posch?

Yes very much so, it has split everything I have tried it on all be it on massive diameter lumps I split in half first. The optional 4 way knife just slips over the standard 2 way, takes no longer than it does to type this to change over.

The Posch is really solidly built and well designed, I use an MF135 to run it which it handles easily.

A

Depends on the rest of your kit. If you have very little equipment I'd say a vertical is more practical as you can man handle most sizes of logs under and break it up. If you have a something with forks, grab on a excavator, timber crane a horizontal would probably be a better option. The first option is definitely the more labour intensive

We now have a 'thumb' on an excavator, turning that into a grab...

An old photo pre processor days, giving you an idea.....

p><p>So now, we can load the processor conveyor, but come odd sized stuff, the vertical splitter seems to be

But if we get a (larger) horizontal, we could load several bits and push them through much faster....

Thoughts??