Show your tractors

Will Cobb

More than a prototype with 2 series and over 500 built.

I am told you can still buy a new one in warmer climates.

The principal didn't catch, on mostly because it was ahead of its time, it took JCB another couple of decades to come up with the fastrac.

:sneaky2: I think Merc beat them both with the mog :biggrin:

A quote from the founding Director of Trantor.

"JCB had looked at the Ag-Unimog and bought two Series 2 Mark One Trantors and Borrowed one from a UK customer, Mr Williams in Wrexham, and worked very hard to create a "high -speed farm tractor that would PLOW"......This was exactly the opposite of what the Trantor team considered rational. The design team at Trantor considered that the transport & low Draught duties of conventional farm tractors are and were MUCH MORE important ......in the time consumed in the farmer`s calendar year........than the Plow & sub-soiling combined. The belief then was that on multi-tractor farms there was a need for two kinds of farm tractors...............one directed to plowing & sub-soiling and others that were DESIGNED to IMPROVE the performance of the MAIN duties that were needed."

My dad once had a shot of a mk 1 trantor like the on eon ebay and it was capable of 50mph. (not towing anything)

Odd looking things but the mk2 does look a bit better.

I think they are still being made in India or somewhere.

HMT Trantor 65 - Page 1 [#279628 / 279628]

Looks it, ex army contraption or cable pulling rig?

Any ideas what it's rated pull is?

Yeah, it's an ex military Rotzler 11.9 tonne (I think that's the correct spec, something like that anyway). The winch is from 1995 but looks like it's never been used! I had the frame and legs fabricated for it so it can be mounted front or back - it anchors really well.

I needed to re spool the cable as only the tail will fit through the fair lead so I put an Iveco double cab with tracked chipper on the plant trailer behind and ford 3000 with flail mower on the floor, all with handbrakes full on (including trailer) and it dragged the lot without any apparent effort. I need some big trees in rivers to drag out and give it a proper workout now!