Best mini digger?

csservices

Any strong thoughts on cats ? Seen a few secondhand for not bad money and found out last night is a dealer local to me 1.5 tonners cabbed with expandable tracks etc brand new £17400 plus vat with 2 year warranty, be out of my budget but seems a good deal.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a Takeuchi tb016, very nice, no complaints.

Hired in a 2.5 komatsu to dig a big hole, so much better, I'll sell the Tak and upgrade this winter. Still towable (just) behind the ranger, I don't use them for work much anyway. Just around the place.

Anyway, lot of love for the Takeuchi on here it seems.

Any strong thoughts on cats ? Seen a few secondhand for not bad money and found out last night is a dealer local to me 1.5 tonners cabbed with expandable tracks etc brand new £17400 plus vat with 2 year warranty, be out of my budget but seems a good deal.

The new cats are a badge engineered wacker neuson, with a couple of small differences, bucket pin size I believe is one, A mate of mine has one of these small cats 2.5t I think and is pleased with it.

I have a Hitachi 7.5t and an JCB 3cx, a neuson et20 would be my next machine purchase, just over 2 ton not much bigger than a 1.5t with tracks retracted, only slightly less reach than a 2.5t, with slightly less brake out force, with what appears to be decent build quality.

My thinking for that weight is, you could carry it on a 3.5t tipping trailer (most seem to carry 2.3t to 2.6t) with attachments.

Best Machine.........depends on the operator at the end of the day .

Ste

Only one I've owned previously was a jcb 3c which was 5 years older than me and due to the amount of play in the king post you had to be a good driver 😉

I've got a Takeuchi tb016, very nice, no complaints.

Hired in a 2.5 komatsu to dig a big hole, so much better, I'll sell the Tak and upgrade this winter. Still towable (just) behind the ranger, I don't use them for work much anyway. Just around the place.

Anyway, lot of love for the Takeuchi on here it seems.

Yep, spotted earlier another local dealer has got 3 secondhand takeuchis in, need to sell tractor first before I can go shopping.

Ordered my new Takeuchi tb216 this afternoon, 8 week waiting list though:laugh1:

I got 3 quotes for Volvo, Wacker Neuson and Takeuchi and Takeuchi was the cheapest and on paper had the best reach and biggest hydraulic flow. The new dipper arm is all cast/no welds so like the sound of that.

Wacker was considerably higher price but had more creature comforts i guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Right new dilemma, tractor has now gone, not made as much as I hoped so got 9k to play with, so I'm now torn between wether to get a 1.5 ton which I'm struggling to find a full cab reasonable spec and low hours on in that price range or a 2.5 ton more choice more power and would leave me some change to get a bigger plant trailer for it and possibly extra attachments :confused: