Why pickups?

theNakedApiarist

You and your 4wd. I drove my empty lwb Cabstar along here unassisted. Those ruts are so deep the front axle was hitting the ridges quite hard.

I know people that could get a 4x4 stuck along this track.

FA278C76-0455-42DC-A2BB-A8DB2C1D226E_zpsk6wp5dqd.jpg

Does it levitate, the one we had would get stuck driving over a fag butt :laugh1:

Cant see how we would do without them, we have five 2wd vehicles and most of them have needed one of the 4wd vehicles at some point to tow them off site. Also the trailer license thing with the 4wd gives carrying capacity not far off that of a 7 1/2 tonner.

Bob

Edited by aspenarb
fat fingers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What boots is it wearing Peasgood?

It's on winter tyres, they have a good tread pattern but are not knobbly 4wd things. Proper weight carrying van tyres.

I didn't intend to go along there but it wouldn't reverse up the hillside this was my only choice.

No video but my missus was in the passenger seat as a witness and I don't lie. I was surprised it made it but it did.

More reliable than a land rover which is better in most other areas maybe?

I have one for my gardening and it's rubbish off road they tyres would need to be changed to make it any good.

I use mine every day (Dodge). 4WD, huge bed, towing power, convenience, zero issues off road, comfort too.

when i bought a Transit tipper last year my missus wanted me to get rid of 'The Chav' (old Isuzu 4x4 pickup) and buy an Astravan fer running around / quoting etc.

I refused as it has a (non tipping) chip box that has 'saved the day' on several occasions and it probably takes 1.5 cube of chip (i'm guessing that figure). It means not having to leave site with the transit to tip out near the end of the day as i can be quite a drive from a tip site at times so we blow the remaining chip into 'The Chav' and i fork it out later on that evening. Plus it's not worth alot of money now and is cheap on spares and is easy to fix as it's old skool and 'no tech'.

Can't really see me wanting to get rid of it despite the fact it's thirsty as i don't mind filling she up if it's making me $$$'s. It does not look cool though !

No video but my missus was in the passenger seat as a witness and I don't lie. I was surprised it made it but it did.

Most have done similar at speed and come out the other side , you have to admit its just hit and hope though :)

Bob

We have pick ups to carry tools like saws and petrol cans that you don't want inside the cabin. A "dirty" area if you like. Plus you an carry logs and a bit of brush if needs must.

The 4wd is good for reversing heavy trailers, and off road of course. They are tax and vat deductible.

And they're cool of course

The last sentence is the only argument you need lol

I miss my truck being here in the UK. 1980 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4, 400cid v8 (6.6litre). 33" tires. big bush bumper.......seat wide enough to sleep on, and have fun with a chick. Would cost a mint to drive here, scare everyone on the road, couldn't park it, rip off the mirrors on the skinny roads.