Getting rid of woodchip

Will Heal

I have a free tip site in East Sussex, which probably doesn't help you, but I've had a few tree surgeons off here dumping arb. waste & chip in exchange for tea & bacon sandwiches... I'm sure there will be someone near you who will take as much as you can produce - there's also a Facebook group called Woodalert which is pretty active

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do the same as you, I have a database of peoples names who have registered an interest in receiving the chip.

When they fill out the form on my site, it auto responds with an email, laying out the terms and conditions.

I.e You must be there to help unload, delivery is for loads between x-y cubic metres, etc etc

Takes away any nasty surprises, its also a great way of getting your name out, meeting people in your local area. Its a chance to make an impression and hand out a business card or two.

I'm impressed! Very clever.

Just a timely reminder....

We used to take chip but had to stop because of all the contamination from plastic drinks bottles, cans, wrappers, carrier bags etc. A simple problem that you would have thought could be easily fixed but apparently not so. Moral of the story, if your tip site is valuable to you, don't risk loosing it for the sake of taking your lunch waste home. :thumbup1:

We had this problem where I used to work, lads would just throw any old rubbish in the back. Pushing up the chip pile with the telehandler was a pain cos you had to keep jumping out to pick out cans, bottles, rubbish, rakes, logs, road signs etc. used to drive my old boss crazy.

I don't have that problem anymore as I work for myself.

Iv always Paid to get rid of chip apart from when it's chipped on site or there is a guy who has a few loads now & then of me, I can't be the only one as nearly all the other guys in my area use this place too, it's £20 a load the farm is in a good location pull in tip off wack the money in the box, I don't think I could put up with driving round looking for places to top it would take up to much time

Stick it on your webpage offering free chip and have the form I talked about, stick all the names in an excel file, then if your super clever you can get google maps to read the file and populate a map of all your tip sites automatically, something like this....

So you always know who is closest to where you are working.

Capture2.PNG.7b4e10bcf86177bd04415a1e014c3476.PNG

Iv always Paid to get rid of chip apart from when it's chipped on site or there is a guy who has a few loads now & then of me, I can't be the only one as nearly all the other guys in my area use this place too, it's £20 a load the farm is in a good location pull in tip off wack the money in the box, I don't think I could put up with driving round looking for places to top it would take up to much time

Lovedown Farm? :001_smile: