Employment Law

Sciadopitys

Is the whole lot just a shambles?, or are we getting older and sick of the bollox?

Yes, yes and yes!

What ever side you/me are on we're being screwed.

I'm not so sure we're actually on different sides - I work hard, I earn my dough, I don't tolerate dicks, I don't mind paying my tax but I'm sick of how some of it is spent.

I doubt there will ever be a revolution........ Most folk ain't got the balls to stand up for themselfs.

I think, slowly but surely, it's getting closer - maybe not full blown rioting on the streets style, but quiet revolution (in a more refined, British way) like cancelling the TV licence and stuff....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think, slowly but surely, it's getting closer - maybe not full blown rioting on the streets style, but quiet revolution (in a more refined, British way) like cancelling the TV licence and stuff....

Morning Mr Johnson.

"In a more refined, British way"!

What does that mean?

'We' are either taking to the streets, or not......... I'd bet my bungalow that it will be, not.

Morning Mr Johnson.

What does that mean?

'We' are either taking to the streets, or not......... I'd bet my bungalow that it will be, not.

In a more refined British way....

Perhaps the French, as our nearest neighbours, historical friends & foes, and with whom we share many social, economic and cultural similarities for example, would be a reasonable comparison....

Unlike the French, who might, historically, undertake full scale revolutionary uprising of the population and still today retain a tendency to direct action through blockading the sea ports with tractors and burning tires for example....

The British 'nature' is more conservative (small 'c' 😆)

OK, we can recall the poll tax riots (across social and cultural divides) and the miners strike (somewhat more localised) and perhaps even the London riots (predominantly career anarchists, disaffected, Ill disciplined criminal youth) as recent examples...

But in general, the main stream Brit's, I think, are considerably more constrained in their willingness to subscribe to direct action.

But......

There will come a breaking point, when, where and how..... I eagerly wait to see.

Morning Mr Johnson.

What does that mean?

Perhaps the French, as our nearest neighbours, historical friends & foes, and with whom we share many social, economic and cultural similarities for example, would be a reasonable comparison....

Unlike the French, who might, historically, undertake full scale revolutionary uprising of the population and still today retain a tendency to direct action through blockading the sea ports with tractors and burning tires for example....

OK, we can recall the poll tax riots (across social and cultural divides) and the miners strike (somewhat more localised) and perhaps even the London riots (predominantly career anarchists, disaffected, Ill disciplined criminal youth) as recent examples...

But in general, the main stream Brit's, I think, are considerably more constrained in their willingness to subscribe to direct action.

But......

There will come a breaking point, when, where and how..... I eagerly wait to see.

Bungalow probably safe for the foreseeable future....

Not sure any of us will be quite so secure as Sharia law becomes established, as it naturally must....

But......

No. There won't be a breaking point, for all the reasons that you mention. Take the poll tax riots for example (I was there, Stoke civil hall 1984?), miners strike (same year IIRC), and a bunch of thugs kicking off in London..... Nowt changed!

The problem with those cases is no one wanted to help the working man.

I like you Kevin, (I bet that means alot:001_rolleyes:) you are a mass debater:laugh1:

I dont know whether we are playing fair or not. We expect our guys to be in the yard at seven, drive to the job and work on site until four. They can normally drive straight home from the job if they dont have to bring kit back but if they did they would be travelling back to the yard in their own time.

Bob

I dont know whether we are playing fair or not. We expect our guys to be in the yard at seven, drive to the job and work on site until four. They can normally drive straight home from the job if they dont have to bring kit back but if they did they would be travelling back to the yard in their own time.

Bob

I'm sure you are a fair bloke, b0d. But travelling back to the yard in their own time can't be right.

Would the lads be insured in the vehicles if they are in their own time?

When I had a company vehicle it was to get to and from and in works time.

As long as everyone is happy with that arrangement then can't really see a problem. Otherwise change their working hours to 7-5 to allow for travelling time......

We operate roughly 7.30-4.30 yard to yard, but sometimes we finish a bit later or earlier. It all balances out in the end, if someone was unhappy there is always the option of timesheets.