Roller jamming issues...

Ty Korrigan

I was using a GM arborist 150 on Friday and was shocked how many times the rollers jammed at one point it jammed solid on a branch fork that was no thicker than 3 inches, I had to turn the machine off climb in the hopper and cut the fork with a silky to un jam it, all in all it was piss poor compared to the old timberwolf 150 that would of took everything that day in it's stride.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor pdi or quality checks at gm then.

I have thought recently about buying a gm, but who the dealers are really puts me off so i dont think i'll own one.

Once bitten twice shy ty, you didnt buy it from same firm did you ;)

just watch the vids , that should make yr mind up :001_smile:

ARRRGH!

The dealership do not believe the advice given to me direct from Greenmech!

They are stalling on getting a pressure test as they are sceptic about this issue even existing.

I've shown them the videos too!

207 BAR/3000PSI should be the correct pressure.

Ty

Any agricultural workshop will have a testing device, it's called a manometer. You just screw it into the system.

Get them to test it. I had an issue with my Land Rover winch and they tested it in minutes.

I think jonny's right btw, faulty relief valve.

These guys are a a large local 'small Ag' and motoculture dealer, tractors, chippers, quads, large pro mowers etc so plenty of daily hydraulics YET... they don't seem to have the means OR the will to get this done.

If it was an old machine I'd avoid the dealer but seeing as it's got less than 50hours on the clock I'm putting warranty issues through them rather than pay for work myself.

Ty

These guys are a a large local 'small Ag' and motoculture dealer, tractors, chippers, quads, large pro mowers etc so plenty of daily hydraulics YET... they don't seem to have the means OR the will to get this done.

If it was an old machine I'd avoid the dealer but seeing as it's got less than 50hours on the clock I'm putting warranty issues through them rather than pay for work myself.

Ty

If you buy a bandit you get a free pressure tester, every little helps ;)

I'd just wind it up till it doesn't jam then use it, then wind up until until it doesn't happen very often. She'll be reet

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very sceptic.

The dealer has 'found' the problem.

Debris, resin, sap and chip collected between the roller and motor causing friction...

Really? With 3000psi coursing through the system.

Besides my Quadchip gets that and it has no effect on performance.

Anyway, still jamming but I'm bored of taking videos and complaining.

Ty

• 5 months later...

Right, update and a result.

I've just returned from almost 3 weeks away in Morocco to find that the fault (which is intermittent) cannot be traced by the dealer.

As a result, I have had today, a visit from Guillaume Turner, head of G.M France and grandson of the founder of G.M.

Guillaume has agreed to an exchange of the 190 for a new 200 model which should arrive in... 8 weeks.

The 190 will return to the U.K for analysis in the workshop.

Now that is a weight of my shoulders and an excellent gesture from G.M.

Aftersales is the main reason I stay with G.M.

Being able to call up the factory direct for advice from the mechanics is invaluable.

Looking forward to this season again as this issue was lowering my spirits somewhat.

Shame Orange Plant don't take a leaf out of G.M's book of customer care...

(refering to a previous issue with a used Carlton 4012 grinder back in 2014)

Ty