Small Scale Forestry Demo

rovers90

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of the people that went were already in the trade , target the farmers or landowners

For people in the trade , we have seen it all before we need something new

At the apf one of the busiest stands I thought was the drone stand and what they can do

What do people think would make one of these demonstration events better?

Obviously the organising / advertising is important but what else would improve the experience.

I might be putting on something similar at some point and want to make it as interesting as possible.

I'd be interested in looking at very small scale equipment demos, preferably things that are priced in the £hundreds rather than the £1000's ... things like log splitters (hydraulic & kinetic), small mini digger attachments (hydraulic thumbs, grapples, maybe even a small rotating grab, etc), small scale biochar kilns, etc.

Cheers, Steve

What do people think would make one of these demonstration events better?

Obviously the organising / advertising is important but what else would improve the experience.

I might be putting on something similar at some point and want to make it as interesting as possible.

Nubile virgin pole dancers.:thumbup:

Seriously though, I went to a demo of the Lucas Mill at Fuelwood yesterday. It was brilliant because alongside the two demo mills they had an embarrassment of all sorts of other firewood and forestry machines to see and try out at all price ranges. Seeing at least a few machines that were vaguely affordable for the small scale operator was a real bonus.

This made my trip so much more worthwhile. Obviously Fuelwood have all this kit already on site, but if you could attract a handfull of other dealers with different types of machine it would make me more likely to travel longer distances.

I'd be interested in looking at very small scale equipment demos, preferably things that are priced in the £hundreds rather than the £1000's ... things like log splitters (hydraulic & kinetic), small mini digger attachments (hydraulic thumbs, grapples, maybe even a small rotating grab, etc), small scale biochar kilns, etc.

Cheers, Steve

Great minds eh Steve!

believe me i run a alstor 821 and it more than pays for itself and does the tonnages day in day out without compaction or need for racks or access tracks into woodlands ,

take a look at my website Home « Woodland Ways and look at my facebook page to see what can be achieved with small scale machinery.

Edited by areleywood