Medical kit

stihlmadasever

Hi all,

Hope all you guys and gals are doing well.Id like some opinions on mini medical kits worn on the harness.

Firstly do you have one on your harness?

Which one do you prefer?

And whats inside.

The reason im asking is our employer wants too renew our kits and wants us to recommend the best kit for us to wear,size constraints and contents etc.

We use treemotion lights and petzl sequoia harnessess and currently have the stein medi kit on them.Some of us have the blood coagulent granules.

Any advice,opinions greatly appreciated.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep mine in a pocket as it keeps it out of the way.

It contains:

some manky plasters (been in the washing machine, I think)

A fox40 whistle.

A Opinel knife with a rusty blade (washing machine again).

Two reels of thread (to fix trousers)

A needle (for use with thread)

A large wound dressing (Can't work out if it has expired as the printing is too faint - yep, been through the washing machine).

Somewhere between £20 and £200.

I guess if I took the kit out of my chainsaw trousers and attached it to my Harness, it all wouldn't spend so much time in the washing machine, but then again, the harness goes through the washing machine every now and again as well!

Israeli and a cat tourniquet in a leg pocket or the man bag on the back of my harness. I feel you want stuff to stem massive bleeds any trivia like gloves and plasters can be done when you get on the ground if you kiss yourself with a silky etc. I then have two kits in the van one in a orange peli case with more trauma kit and a Tupperware with plasters, eyewash, painkillers and the like.

However I have a military background so do go for overkill on first aid kit. As in the orange peli case goes on top of a a4 write in the rain folder containing the risk assessment with all the necessary location info etc. Am I paranoid?

Israeli and a cat tourniquet in a leg pocket or the man bag on the back of my harness. I feel you want stuff to stem massive bleeds any trivia like gloves and plasters can be done when you get on the ground if you kiss yourself with a silky etc. I then have two kits in the van one in a orange peli case with more trauma kit and a Tupperware with plasters, eyewash, painkillers and the like.

However I have a military background so do go for overkill on first aid kit. As in the orange peli case goes on top of a a4 write in the rain folder containing the risk assessment with all the necessary location info etc. Am I paranoid?

Nop just a true boy scout..:thumbup1:

I found post medical kits that go on harness have them stupid like pop clips thing and fall off. however after searching i went for harkie first aid kit never come off fully water proof and utterly bomb proof case.

it contains

1 x No.4 Ambulance Dressing

1 x Mouth to Mouth Resuscitation Device

2 x Alcohol Free Wipes

20 x Fabric Plasters

1 x Vinyl Gloves

1 x First Aid Guidance Leaflet

1 x Whistle

Also carry an israeli bandage if acting a rescue climber

Two bandanas, a Kershaw rope knife and a cell phone, while aloft.

I'm a minimalist while climbing.

However my tool truck's packed to the gills with a Bailey's foresters industrial med kit, pneumatic arm and leg splints, surgical tubing etc.

Stay in this biz long enough and you'll be glad your med kit's well stocked, including an aluminum stretcher/gurney for hauling 200 lb plus crew members out of remote areas.

Jomoco