Self Policing Arbtalk

sean

After having to wade through so much crap in order to read the relevant stuff on what was an important and somewhat sad thread I feel things have gone too far and it's time we all done something about it.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/97894-yard-ripped-off.html

I was gobsmacked at some of the things being written in this thread. At one point I thought I must have stumbled upon a forum for imbecilic teenagers. This is an Arb Forum, for discussing Arb related issues. I appreciate that some threads due to their nature will veer off subject when the issues provoke certain feelings and this I feel is acceptable to a degree but to go completely off topic so the important issues are lost within a pile of bull**** is starting to get too much.

I'm sure the admins have enough to do in order to keep this forum going and they could certainly do without being a dinner lady in the playground standing between too spotty kids having a row, so therefore it is up to us to self police this forum. If a thread starts to go off topic and you feel you want to argue the toss about something completely unrelated then stop, have a think and ask your protagonist to 'meet you outside to sort it out'. Go to the lounge, PM each other or meet each other over the school fields to argue the toss. Let's not fill other people's threads up with our issues and gripes. Do it elsewhere and keep the Forum for what it is meant for. Please. :001_smile:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sean,

This would be perfect, thankfully for the most part all our members act professionally as they should. As you rightly said, myself and the moderators are all busy. Myself with tree work, developing the new site, and looking after the kids to boot. I didn't even get to read the thread you mentioned properly until it was reported.

After having to wade through so much crap in order to read the relevant stuff on what was an important and somewhat sad thread I feel things have gone too far and it's time we all done something about it.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/97894-yard-ripped-off.html

I was gobsmacked at some of the things being written in this thread. At one point I thought I must have stumbled upon a forum for imbecilic teenagers. This is an Arb Forum, for discussing Arb related issues. I appreciate that some threads due to their nature will veer off subject when the issues provoke certain feelings and this I feel is acceptable to a degree but to go completely off topic so the important issues are lost within a pile of bull**** is starting to get too much.

I'm sure the admins have enough to do in order to keep this forum going and they could certainly do without being a dinner lady in the playground standing between too spotty kids having a row, so therefore it is up to us to self police this forum. If a thread starts to go off topic and you feel you want to argue the toss about something completely unrelated then stop, have a think and ask your protagonist to 'meet you outside to sort it out'. Go to the lounge, PM each other or meet each other over the school fields to argue the toss. Let's not fill other people's threads up with our issues and gripes. Do it elsewhere and keep the Forum for what it is meant for. Please. :001_smile:

Good post Sean. Peer mentoring at its finest!