Parking a trailer on double yellow lines

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly an element of encouraging a certain demographic Gary, but there are seldom enough of them to be an effective inducement in isolation, after all, the entire supermarket scenario is a masterpiece of marketing strategy based on convenience. As Mrs J has often remarked, she wouldn't mind if the parent / toddler spaces were in the furthest flung corner of the car park, its not so much the location but rather the wider spaces that allow doors to be opened to extract the little darling without banging Mrs Miggins Morris Minor which has been parked by a blind pensioner with impaired special awareness.

Perhaps if these specifically allocated spaces were further away it might avoid encroachment from users of other nominated spaces which they tend to ferociously guard with a sense of entitlement that seems to extend into all other areas.

Not that big a deal, just musings of a madman....

I wonder how the cost/benefit analysis works out for these spaces? The overall loss of car parking spaces to family spaces against profits from their users? Just musing.

Personally I park in the furthest reach of any car park because 1) the L200 has the lock of a coach and four, 2) some careless twot will always smack my door with theirs in any normal space or scrape a trolley down the wing and 3) the Mrs moans like hell about walking:biggrin:

Someone still parks next to me despite the twenty empty spaces either side. Maybe they think cars get lonely when parked in isolation:confused1:

I wonder how the cost/benefit analysis works out for these spaces? The overall loss of car parking spaces to family spaces against profits from their users? Just musing.

Personally I park in the furthest reach of any car park because 1) the L200 has the lock of a coach and four, 2) some careless twot will always smack my door with theirs in any normal space or scrape a trolley down the wing and 3) the Mrs moans like hell about walking:biggrin:

Someone still parks next to me despite the twenty empty spaces either side. Maybe they think cars get lonely when parked in isolation:confused1:

I try and do the same with my truck and like you someone is always parked next to me when I get back.

Same with if you have the trailer hitched on I park out the way to make pulling out easier but yet they still park right next to you . I had to nip to the shop the other day so parked in parent and child space as had the little one with me and got a snotty remark that I should have just parked in the middle of the road because the bumper of the L200 was sticking out of the space a wee bit. Guess some people are sent to try you😂

When a trailer is unhitched and unassociated with a tow vehicle is it classified as a "vehicle" in its own right and subject to road traffic laws / Highway Code.

If no, is there a regulation which would preclude it's being parked on the highway?

Remember this will be going to a pen pushing government employee.

If you dont say what type of trailer they might assume its a lorry trailer.

When a sub 3500kg trailer is unhitched and unassociated with a tow vehicle is it classified as a "vehicle" in its own right and subject to road traffic laws / Highway Code.

If not, is there any other regulation which would preclude it's being parked on the highway?

Remember this will be going to a pen pushing government employee.

If you dont say what type of trailer they might assume its a lorry trailer.

When a sub 3500kg trailer is unhitched and unassociated with a tow vehicle is it classified as a "vehicle" in its own right and subject to road traffic laws / Highway Code.

If not, is there any other regulation which would preclude it's being parked on the highway?

Yes, quite right, I was going to state "general utility trailer", but then I thought that's still too vague so I was going to add a manufacturer and model number, then I thought I was being too specific.... But you're absolutely right, it's all in the question. You're on the mark with the description you suggest I think.

Kinell they still exist :confused1: all the councils still do them so here you go, an example https://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/pages/services/park-dispensation.aspx

Its better than the shitfest that will ensue working without one :thumbup1:

Bob

Hells Bells! It was hiding in the open..... Who'd have thought of checking the LA website?????? :blushing::blushing::blushing:

https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/transport-and-streets/parking/car-park-tickets-and-permits/how-can-i-obtain-a-parking-dispensation/

I am quite genuinely taken aback!

Still, the trailer question remains an outstanding issue - is it a vehicle if unhitched?? Hopefully "Justme" will get an answer from officialdom.... I'll stop shaving in the meantime and see if we get a definitive answer before I'm tripping over my beard..... :thumbup1: