Yard ripped off

Swampster

I like many sympathise with the idea of and those who do steal out of necessity and despise those who see theft as a career option. However the hypocrite in me would not wait to establish which type of thief someone I caught stealing form me was before giving my best shot at halting them, probably very violently.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are the very small minority though Ti.

Sadly this true. It's a shame that there weren't more real incentives for people caught in the addiction/crime cycle to change.

I do think that most Arb equipment thefts are committed by career type thieves rather than opportunist/desperate for a fix junkies. In those cases I agree with the majority on here that the deterrents should be more robust and take thieves out of the game for considerable time.

Sadly this true. It's a shame that there weren't more real incentives for people caught in the addiction/crime cycle to change.

I do think that most Arb equipment thefts are committed by career type thieves rather than opportunist/desperate for a fix junkies. In those cases I agree with the majority on here that the deterrents should be more robust and take thieves out of the game for considerable time.

I would agree ti most of the thefts of tools and plant is organised career criminals not junkies with habits oh and caravan dwellers.

Just had the same, 4 burglaries in 2 week.

Total damage and loss bill for all 4 is £15,800

since my time in tree work I've had 3 chippers stolen and about 30ks worth of climbing kit and saws

These thefts are so costly it made me wonder if tree surgeon firms would be better clubbing together for big communal yards where they actually pay for a night security guard.

A good post,most theft in our trade, apart from the odd oportunist snatch on site, is commuted by career criminals, often quite sophisticated in methods and conections, these people deserve severe retribution imo.

I'm still stunned, though not surprised at the political blame comments from an eggshell on a thread started by someone who has just suffered a break in...insensitive drivel...

Beg to differ there. I used to be a thieving scumbag junkie..... Not any more though. I changed and I know lots of others who have changed.

I also beg to differ.

Once a thief always a thief.

You can never change the damage that has already been done, your past victims will always see you as a thief.

Once the crime has been committed it really is too late, I have been the victim of crime from an early age, my parents and me have had to work harder and longer and do without possessions due to scum. I know people who have lost their business and their family due to the pressure and stress caused by crime, I know others who have died not longer after enduring serious theft crimes.

We don't need incentives for criminals to stop crime at all, we need deterrents that work end of.

Surely not wrecking people's live is enough of an incentive to not steal? And it does wreck lives easy targets are vulnerable people normally (old people disabled people etc.) how many old folks have died due to being mugged for their pension by a twa*?

It's good people have changed and ty seems to be trying to pay society back. But for those hit by crime it must be hard to forgive!

Last night was the most recent, rammed my gate, took out half of the fence line, tied a ratchet strap to my container, bust it open, then Deano turned up. They tried to reverse out the yard but was still attached to the container. They had to do one and leave their truck. Leaving me in possession of an 06 plate Mitsubishi Canter.

I guess it all depends on police budgets, but in this case there may be prints on the steering wheel and drivers passengers doors, so if they bother to check and either of them have been done before with prints on record

Surely not wrecking people's live is enough of an incentive to not steal? And it does wreck lives easy targets are vulnerable people normally (old people disabled people etc.) how many old folks have died due to being mugged for their pension by a twa*?

It's good people have changed and ty seems to be trying to pay society back. But for those hit by crime it must be hard to forgive!

Its a bit late once they have done it hence a deterrent.

Yes it is better that people change rather than continuing but let's not congratulate them as it's the very least they can do.

Although a family member had a half way house setup next door but one, should didnt thank anyone for that, luckily she upped and moved and got her kids out of there.