What do people pay?

ChrisPlumpton

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I'm an American looking for work over seas. Id be wiling to work for 80 a day. Hit me up if you'd like to see my cover letter, resume, and refrences

I pay a fiver for just the outside, £12 inside and out with a wheel shine.

What is it you intend to do for £80 a day buddy? :biggrin:

You are already paying over the odds, £100 is good money for his unskilled work - even if he's a really good grafter. I don't know his age obviously but for a benchmark, at £12.50 for an 8 hour day he is considerably over the minimum wage levels Minimum Wage 2016 rates UK

Just picking up on your "self-employed" comment. I don't want to derail this thread, but in a very short review, if he is under your direction in the workplace, reliant on you for the work, and essentially doesn't work independently, then for insurance and tax reasons, he is an employee.

Just advice, but mind that you have the right employers liability insurance in place...

He does his own jobs too, I bring him in on my bigger jobs, there's certainly no regular days or consistency, it's an as and when needed basis. My insurances (10mil public and employers covers him and our working situation).

Well I'll have to have an awkward chat with him then. I just can't justify paying a groundy £125 a day. My biggest issue with it is I know he's self employed and he has to get his own PPE, saws, fuel, etc and it all adds up over a year but I feel the job I ask of him doesn't warrant that kind of money. I'd rather pay a climber the money, stay on the deck and run the job from there.

Well I'll have to have an awkward chat with him then. I just can't justify paying a groundy £125 a day. My biggest issue with it is I know he's self employed and he has to get his own PPE, saws, fuel, etc and it all adds up over a year but I feel the job I ask of him doesn't warrant that kind of money. I'd rather pay a climber the money, stay on the deck and run the job from there.

To be honest if he has nor rigging experience and isn't competent in ariel rescue you're probably over paying him as it is.

Hows about a percentage solution that both of you can agree on when you need his help.. Say 55/45 split on profit..

If that could be arranged, he might see it as working for himself and not working to fill your pockets...

For me, the fact that he's there when you need him is worth something.. then theres the devil you know...