Trailers

Bird

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id get a cheap or second hand small trailer for your mower and a few logs but as others have said there not great for loads of logs , i load up my 7x4 with logs but it feels a bit pushed. then do test and get bigger trailer, the small one will always be handy for the mower n light stuff.

carl

I have grandad rights on my licence b but a front of mine did his trailer test end of last year and he said it was just like talking the car test again. It cost him about £600 but he pulls an Ifor and we fetched a Discovery from Cannock with it last week. Do the test of you needed to pull loads of logs worthwhile delivering, it will be worth it in the long run. I pull a little unbraked trailer with the Berlingo and if it has any weight in it pushes you on downhill runs.

Edited by peatff

I've got a sub 750 trailer with no brakes on it and even pulling with the pick up you can feel it pushing you down hill. The big trailer twin axle braked is much better as even when it's got 2 tonne on it you can feel it pulling you back when it's brakes kick in.

Get the licence it will be worth it. I hardly use the small trailer now.