hello im back

Nick Burke

Hello Nick, have you worked with trees before, any quals?

There seems to be hundreds of tree surgeons in Sheffield these days. If you go for a walk anywhere and listen, you'll hear a saw or chipper, go and offer to drag or whatever. If they say no, walk a couple of hundred metres and listen again, there's bound to be another company just up the road. Someone will say yes 👍

The advice from me.

Get a job, you will get one somehow, somewhere. Keep on for a while staying on the streets for the only reason to save up money, to rent cost to much, save up money to buy a flat. Do understand the value of money and save your money, Do tree work, drag branches, climb trees, go and work for some other place after a day time tree work. Perhaps washing dishes somewhere, if you smoke, then stop it, if you do drugs stop it, if you drink stop it. Put up a goal, lets say 50 thousand to start with. Sit down for a few days before you start and tell yourself the future you have now, and get things done, prepare your mind on working non stop and learn how to enjoy every second of it.. Do not buy expensive food, with that I mean don't buy ready made food. I was without food for 3 days once in my life due to I didn't have the money to buy it, and I would never accept food for free, I rather die. so I do know how it can be in life if you are caught off guard.

Main thing is put your mindset on the level needed to complete your mission.

Don't spend a single thought on the words, IF, BUT, MAYBE.

Do it !

This! But get a cheap room in a house share, a little money for a roof over your head is well spent. If you've your tickets, then you will find a job, maybe anywhere in the country. Companies are crying out for qualified staff at least they are down south.

Good luck will

Sorry not a qualified tree surgeon. I started in the industry as a community forester for Sheffield council then did tree inspection for Camden council before becoming basically the tree officer for Thurrock council although it had some weird title. I then moved on to review Sheffield councils TPO's I've done more tree survey work for parkwoods. Then some how I've ended up not working for awhile. I've kept myself alive doing the issue which is both hard and easy all in one go. As to qualifications I've a deree in land management, a masters in forestry, an OCN level 3 forest schools practitioner and last but not least I did have M.Arbor but not kept it up due to that love thing called money.

Its mainly myself stopping myself that and my depression one day up two days down. I'm lucky in that I'm not actually on the streets lm in a 10 ft caravan so I'm dry although crampded. But thanks for the words of encouragement they help more than you think. I'm trying for more jobs and looking into doing a doctorate either around forest schools or GIS. Something will come up its just me stopping me. I'll get there many thanks and if your in Sheffield centre in outside the Halifax feel free to stp for a chat and a coffee you never know I may even pay for it. Cheers Nick

Edited by Nick Burke
wrong wording

I went to Uni in Sheffield Nick, and the place will always hold great memories for me.

I'm in Kent now, but if I was closer I could surely find you a few days here and there.

I'm not being funny at all, but maybe you need some help with your head first?

It sounds like you'd be great on an 'up' day, but bad shitt can happen so quickly in this game if you're on a 'down' one.

I apologise if this comes across as condescending mate, that's not my intention.

I paced the streets of the Steel City for 6 months in 1993 before the offer of a bunk in a caravan and £127.50 a week saw me head south with an Adidas hold-all with some crap clothes in it.

And here I am now.

Yearning for the days in Broomhill and Eccleshall Road....😀

Good luck mate, keep on keepin' on.

I'm trying for more jobs and looking into doing a doctorate

Doing a doctorate? The world if full of people who want to use their intelligence to avoid low paid manual labour.

Saving Private Ryan is a good movie for the DOWN DAYS. An emotional hell in the brain isn't quite as bad as watching your buddies get mutilated by machine guns as you walk up the beach on D Day.

I went to Uni in Sheffield Nick, and the place will always hold great memories for me.

I'm in Kent now, but if I was closer I could surely find you a few days here and there.

I'm not being funny at all, but maybe you need some help with your head first?

It sounds like you'd be great on an 'up' day, but bad shitt can happen so quickly in this game if you're on a 'down' one.

I apologise if this comes across as condescending mate, that's not my intention.

I paced the streets of the Steel City for 6 months in 1993 before the offer of a bunk in a caravan and £127.50 a week saw me head south with an Adidas hold-all with some crap clothes in it.

And here I am now.

Yearning for the days in Broomhill and Eccleshall Road....😀

Good luck mate, keep on keepin' on.

Spooky ,I lived in ecclesial rd too around that time,staying in a room in cemetery avenue, on the floor with a mate who kindly put me up,as I was travelling doing summer jobs etc,climbing etc, worked at meadow hall as a security guard to make ends meet, this actually got me my first job as they where impressed with my work ethic ,ie willing to do anything, I applied for a job in Wokingham ,and got it as a ranger,(trainee), from there I built up my own company,etc etc, why not go and do some free work with accommodation just to give you a change of scenery?volunteer etc,might lead to new opportunities, your certainly qualified enough,', Any way fond memories of Sheffield,the foundry,Robinson ales,grindleford cafe and chip butties,,,,good luck neil:thumbup:

Doing a doctorate? The world if full of people who want to use their intelligence to avoid low paid manual labour.

Saving Private Ryan is a good movie for the DOWN DAYS. An emotional hell in the brain isn't quite as bad as watching your buddies get mutilated by machine guns as you walk up the beach on D Day.

You don't appear to have much experience of depression, although I'm sure you posted with good intent.