Stove advice

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live up the road from were esse are made i know people who work there they are cast in china and assembled in the uk.

ive been told that the casting isnt as good as it used to be i personaly think they are over priced.

try the country kiln range from woodburningstovesltd.

Im on with getting one and i decided to do the fireplace then buy the stove if you get one then it wont fit your stuck .

Hope the speeling is currect fur uncle bob lol

If you burn DRY wood you don't need a smokeless stove.

It is an offense to create "dark smoke", my brother has a none approved wood burner, a neighbour of his complained to the council ( he saw my brother stacking logs in his garage when gas prices where high :001_rolleyes:)

The guy from the council came round one hour after the fire had been lit (you can make dark smoke for one hour per day, while getting the fire going) looked at his chimney, there was more stuff coming out the gas cowl next door than his.

He said that fine, never even asked to see the stove or what type it was.

The guy from the council came round one hour after the fire had been lit (you can make dark smoke for one hour per day, while getting the fire going) looked at his chimney, there was more stuff coming out the gas cowl next door than his.

He said that fine, never even asked to see the stove or what type it was.

I'm afraid this council guy's attitude is not a typical response. I know of many situations where councils have forced un-approved wood stove users to remove their appliances or face severe penalties.

If you live in a smoke controlled area, get an approved stove - it really isn't worth the risk.