Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

They are in nz, my dealer got to try one out as a rep was doing the rounds with one, one step closer! Pity it takes so long to wear out a 260t!

Had my 260tes over 3 years now, needs a carb clean but apart from that it's faultless. Shame as I have a big itch for the 2510 that needs scratching haha

I finally had the sprocket, bar and chain changed for the echo carving ones and it seems better than the original ones which came with the saw. I had a chance to compare to the ms150. It's definitely smaller than the 150, the weight difference just about noticeable. The build quality seems good- chain brake feels more sturdy. Ticking over and revving up the stihl sounds more refined and smoother. I think it probably has more throttle speed settings and seemed to be producing less vibration than the echo (couldn't find any vibration data for it) . Obviously the echo isn't run in yet so will prob improve. Both decent little saws which past generations of tree surgeons would have marvelled at!

J

After some absence on the forum due to 'working abroad in a target enriched environment' I have been following this thread with enormous interest. So much so that my own 'tiny Echo' arrived this morning and I am in love.

It is a revelation for me, light yet powerful and fitted with the 10" C bar, an absolute delight to use. I had never really considered Echo's having been brought up on Stihl's, and latterly a Makita 7901, but I bought the Echo CS310 last month to replace a dying MS170 and I have been bitten by the orange and black bug.

This little saw elicited screams of 'how cute' from the ladies in the showroom and I must admit that it really is a small but perfectly formed piece of kit.

Someone said it looked like a Silky with a two-stroke engine attached: that is the perfect description.

5976707221616_theboys.jpg.38b795899612b247d6dced3a1619dd55.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah...the itch has been scratched!! Very impressed so far. Was good with the standard cutting gear but is a different saw altogether with the stihl .43 bar and chain on it. Pushing moderately in bar length (10") timber and it wasn't slowing :). With the bar and chain on it is lighter than my cs260tes power head with no bar and chain and it's considerately smaller and better balanced. Over the moon with it already and I've only had it an hour haha

1459430449204.jpg.34d2d9527b168d829fc3ca9380a1b63e.jpg

So yeah...the itch has been scratched!! Very impressed so far. Was good with the standard cutting gear but is a different saw altogether with the stihl .43 bar and chain on it. Pushing moderately in bar length (10") timber and it wasn't slowing :). With the bar and chain on it is lighter than my cs260tes power head with no bar and chain and it's considerately smaller and better balanced. Over the moon with it already and I've only had it an hour haha

The bar in the pic; that the original that doesn't cut so well as the .43? Looks lush tho!

The bar in the pic; that the original that doesn't cut so well as the .43? Looks lush tho!

Correct, it's all down to a difference in kerf, the standard cutting gear for the saw is .50 gauge and the stihl is .43. The narrower chain just needs less power to pull it through. I have just put my cs360tes on a 3/8 .43 bar and chain and that's made a massive difference to its cutting performance

Hi another delighted user of the fabulous mini Echo!

I am very pleased with the standard .5 gauge, 10" bar and chain but very interested to hear that you have fitted a Stihl bar and chain. Did you need to mod the bar at all and which bar did you fit?

Many thanks

597670919687d_theboys.jpg.7598b0156a454abd5f6ac2cda52391a3.jpg