Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

All. I've been told today that Echo are having problems with the 2510 and are considering a recall.

I've had one since release and have been impressed with size and power etc. However my particular one has been back to supplier twice as it keeps cutting out when you come off the gas. I've had a replacement carb and just been offered my money back which I've accepted. I was informed that others have been having similar problems. I will definitely replace with a 2510 but am happy to bide my time if they are to be uprated. Anyone else heard similar or experienced like problems ?. Its a real personal shame as I rate it as a climbing saw.

No problem with mine so far, hope it stays that way, spent my first day back with the t540 today since getting the echo and really noticed the weight.

Only niggle is the side cover doesn't want to sit flat at the exhaust end when you tighten up the nut, anyone else get this?

No problem with mine so far, hope it stays that way, spent my first day back with the t540 today since getting the echo and really noticed the weight.

Only niggle is the side cover doesn't want to sit flat at the exhaust end when you tighten up the nut, anyone else get this?

Yep! Glad it's not just mine :001_tt2:

I mentioned earlier in the thread, I found that the air filter has to be almost completely spotless for it to run properly, otherwise there is a loss of power in the cut and the saw can be heard '4-stroking'. Everytime the saw gets like this I clean the filter using an air line and that seems to do the trick.

At least that's my take on the it? Clogged filter = crap in the cut and flooding the saw causing it to cut out as soon as you take your finger off the trigger. I may talk to echo UK to see what they say about it though...!

Also, it would be interesting to hear from you guys having this issue and whether this sorts the problem?

Edited by Maxnaggle