Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

The screen on mine never even got warm!

The exhaust cover did on the other hand.

Good shout replacing the screw!

same here, opened the box and removed the saw followed swiftly by the spark screen so i dunno what it performs like with it in situ.

Also removed the exhaust (3 bolts) for a peak at the exhaust port. I was surprised at how heavy the exhaust is and i suspect it has a 'cat' ceramic matrix like the Echo 360 TES has. Just looking at the exit hole on the exhaust itself you can see there are simple gains to be had by enlarging it with a grinder if you feel the need, but i don't.

I Love this little saw and it's sleeping atween me and the missus instead of our cat till the novelty factor wears off:001_smile:

Haha, that's me.

Sorry guys but for the better part of the last 7 years I have been using little battery powered tophandles like Makita, Dolmar and Husqvarna.

This little 2510 has one big inconvenience that I wasn't used to as you see in the video.

The stop switch! It doesn't automatically flip back in standby modus. Hence the multiple jerking on the starter cord. [emoji15]

Wolter

Nice vid then! Yeah noticed that about the switch, thought it would auto return looking at pics of the saw. find it odd that some stuff isn't always on these days, so much easier

Yeah I'm loving it today. Christened it on a plum take down, branches up to as thick as your wrist it's no slower than my husky 540. A bit slower but perfectly capable of bigger stuff. Imagine it would fly on a better chain. Really makes the bigger saws feel like lead after only using it for 30 minutes today

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1462363586.144352.jpg.6a163694d7aa5b23bb1272d997c566a5.jpg

Got my chains through from Rob, brilliant service as usual.

I was happy enough with the saw running 3/8 chain, but it now is so smooth and fast in the cut it is in a different league, with the Stihl 150 bar.

I honestly believe any climber would benefit from this saw with this setup, it takes the fatigue out of the job, and cuts fast.

This saw looks the business! The laminated bars that come with Echos are Tsumura bars - the pro solid longer bars on their larger saws are Sugihara bars.

In 6 months there should be some pro lam Sugihara bars which will run their very own 1/4" picco chain.

Question - Will you be able to offer a Sugi bar with the Stihl 1/4" chain with the extra link already added?

This saw looks the business! The laminated bars that come with Echos are Tsumura bars - the pro solid longer bars on their larger saws are Sugihara bars.

In 6 months there should be some pro lam Sugihara bars which will run their very own 1/4" picco chain.

Question - Will you be able to offer a Sugi bar with the Stihl 1/4" chain with the extra link already added?

Surely it'll not need the extra link as they will be designed to fit properly. I modded my ms150 bar and it fits fine with the standard chains

Surely it'll not need the extra link as they will be designed to fit properly. I modded my ms150 bar and it fits fine with the standard chains

Gonna wait and see what the sugi bar is like before I switch I think, modding bars or sourcing chains with extra links sounds a bit of a pain?

A little I suppose, you'll only need to mod a bar once in a blue moon though and it's not a difficult task, less than ten mins but if you're happy to wait then why not. I can guarantee you'll not be disappointed when you do switch though.

Gonna wait and see what the sugi bar is like before I switch I think, modding bars or sourcing chains with extra links sounds a bit of a pain?

Originally Posted by Joe Newton View Post

It's hardly a level playing field with the standard bar. I wouldn't even consider running one without the 0.043 chain.

The bar will fit without modification, the chain requires an extra drive link.

Speaking to Rob, apparently there'll be a Sugi bar in 0.043 available soon.

---So according to Joe a standard 150 bar fits the 2510 without mod but Stihl chain needs an extra drive link.