I have a short list of chippers, which one?

Daythe trees

I will risk commenting based on a conversation Friday past with the 50 year old owner (and still "on the tools") of a very very professional local firm, who keep all their kit in absolutly first class condition, their working trucks are significently cleaner than my only car.

They also continually reinvest in top-rate kit.

Coincidentally they had had a Bandit chipper demoed during the week, and quickly discounted because of the stringy "chips" not infrequently produced (on conifer) unlike their Schliesing, which also packed about 1.75 times the weight into the same volumn, being a modern silage trailer.

So despite the significent cost saving in switching to Bandit, I understand they will be sticking to Schliesing.

I do seem to remember he admitted the Bandit was fast/faster than the comparable HP Schliesing, but, for them the chip quality was definately way inferior.

Was this demo in Ireland by any chance?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys you have given me a lot to think about, global are only in Newark and the plan is to twin this purchase with a new truck 7.5t or bigger. So I think it's demo time!

I really like buying the simple but odd ball bit of kit that really does the job but is overlooked by most. How does tp stand up to not having a dealer network? My understanding is they are only available from one place in Scotland. Engines are engines so those spares will be easily sourced from one of the local farm or machinery dealers it's the tp specific stuff that would concern me.

Cheers,

Chris

If your going for a bigger lorry than the 90XP or maybe even a bandit 150 will out chip those other machines hands down....make them look feeble and slow even! However I'd use something smaller if sticking with a little truck as the discharge on the bandit is so fierce it could be a real problem in a normal street situation if chip was to miss the back of the truck.

they are great machines and the huge letterbox opening on the 90XP (17") lets it drag in surprisingly large branches and small trees.

Was this demo in Ireland by any chance?

Yes, a Dublin based dealer, who seemed puzzled when I complemented him on his outstanding sales success in the Co.Armagh.

Well locally, leastwise in this bit of Co. Antrim, Co. Armagh is renowned for being Bandit Country:lol::lol:

Yes, a Dublin based dealer, who seemed puzzled when I complemented him on his outstanding sales success in the Co.Armagh.

Well locally, leastwise in this bit of Co. Antrim, Co. Armagh is renowned for being Bandit Country:lol::lol:

I'm not sure what went wrong on this demo but he did call to say it wasn't chipping well, my suggestion was ask for a second demo. It couldn't be more than dull knives or anvil adjustment. I think that 99% of demos in Ireland have resulted in sales over the last couple of years so it's a shame when it goes wrong but it happens. The 990 what was demo'd is the best seller there also.