Broken my lovely 550xp

Bob The Dog

People want high power low weight high quality. A very hard balance to get right. They haven't made them cheap they are just answering the customers demands. I have not seen a handle damaged like that before and I've seen a lot of 5 series saws in varying conditions

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How the hell did you manage that!?

Had it between my feet whilst ridding tracked chipper through a ditch and foot plate pinched it. Rang a very reputable company that is known for very good priced gear and they waged £60+ for a new handle. Also called another that's not known too well and it was £17!!! Pays to shop about for spares

Well, I spent a bit of time this morning making a repair for the hole in the oil tank. Got some 3mm aluminium plate from a local metal worker, and shaped to fit. Cleaned off the paint around the hole, and then drilled 3 holes to rivet the plate to the saw. Wasn't happy just using the 2 part steel epoxy adhesive, so thought it'd help. Anyway, it all seems ok. Will let the adhesive set over the next 24hrs and give it a go tomorrow. Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered ordering the new one just yet!!

image.jpg.df8d397f5f9c7cbd4e6a576b3b626e84.jpg

Well, I spent a bit of time this morning making a repair for the hole in the oil tank. Got some 3mm aluminium plate from a local metal worker, and shaped to fit. Cleaned off the paint around the hole, and then drilled 3 holes to rivet the plate to the saw. Wasn't happy just using the 2 part steel epoxy adhesive, so thought it'd help. Anyway, it all seems ok. Will let the adhesive set over the next 24hrs and give it a go tomorrow. Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered ordering the new one just yet!!

I hit my 2100 with an axe 30 years ago and did this repair, with fibreglass nmat and epoxy resin, to the aluminium fuel tank, which has held since then though the saw didn't get used much. It is still fuel tight.

2100.jpg.9ae2ccf67ed08167d370672d718d2d47.jpg