TopTrumps: Bandit HB20 V Predator 460

Suffolk-Matt

I know they are much smaller machines but does anyone know how the FSI ST20B grinder compares. It still has the advantage of the swivel but it's only 13hp. I don't do many stumps at all so this might be an option for me.

Aren't they about 4K + vat? I'd get the rock machinery one for 1500 including vat and do without the turntable myself for the price difference

If paying north of 4K I'd defo spend the extra and get the bigger engine of the models listed above

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they are much smaller machines but does anyone know how the FSI ST20B grinder compares. It still has the advantage of the swivel but it's only 13hp. I don't do many stumps at all so this might be an option for me.

Hi, I think, as said, the FSI is well over 4k inc the dreaded. Might be better off looking at the Predator 360? -

Turntable!! Predator 360 Stump grinder | eBay

Anyone used BOTH machines?

Ive put about a hundred hours on HB20's in the past and really rate them. But im looking to get a new grinder and torn between these two.

HB20 -

Slighty narrower in standard form

2 HP extra

Good dealer backup

460 -

Considerably cheaper to buy (not far off half)

Better wheel design (debatable)

Good dealer backup

Seen second hand HB's with a couple of hundred hours going for the same price as the 460 is new,must say something?

So anyone used both?

Anyone in the Suffolkshire area have the 460 that I could come and prod/kick the tyres?

Surprised there's not more comments considering how many are out there, again horses for courses but still after Eight years this is our best seller. The HB20N is still not a like for like grinder with anything else, it is the narrowest grinder at 25" & has the dual wheels as std which are usually only removed for access. Both wheels are driven hydraulically with a motor on each wheel giving a great deal of torque, this drive is also proportional with no delay fitted any longer. The grinder has hydraulically braked motors not a manual brake. Teeth are £7 each opposed to £10, 2yr engine warranty & 5yr build warranty, choice of 6 colours as std or your own company colours, we carry out demo's FOC anywhere in the UK, price includes delivery & install, spare teeth supplied.

We now run Ten mobile engineers to back up our product with One million worth of parts stock so we are in it for the long haul, to boot our machines have a strong residual value & are notoriously difficult to break. I delivered Two last week, sold one this week & I will deliver Two next week after the show, we average between One & Two a week all year every year but the prices are rising from Bandit. They could be made cheaper but they wouldn't be the same machine.

Lastly I would like to thank you for listening to my dribble.👏

Surprised there's not more comments considering how many are out there, again horses for courses but still after Eight years this is our best seller. The HB20N is still not a like for like grinder with anything else, it is the narrowest grinder at 25" & has the dual wheels as std which are usually only removed for access. Both wheels are driven hydraulically with a motor on each wheel giving a great deal of torque, this drive is also proportional with no delay fitted any longer. The grinder has hydraulically braked motors not a manual brake. Teeth are £7 each opposed to £10, 2yr engine warranty & 5yr build warranty, choice of 6 colours as std or your own company colours, we carry out demo's FOC anywhere in the UK, price includes delivery & install, spare teeth supplied.

We now run Ten mobile engineers to back up our product with One million worth of parts stock so we are in it for the long haul, to boot our machines have a strong residual value & are notoriously difficult to break. I delivered Two last week, sold one this week & I will deliver Two next week after the show, we average between One & Two a week all year every year but the prices are rising from Bandit. They could be made cheaper but they wouldn't be the same machine.

There will hopefully some cheaper second hand ones on the market when my rayco rg 20 wears out 😉

What are the six colours, I thought there were only three?

Got to love Dean's dribble!

Ty