Treework and general fitness

Steve Bullman

Steve, as a former marathoner and sponsored athlete by Asics I can tell you that being in shape and maintaing what your willing to achieve are two admiral goals to shoot for.

I would have gone for a complete physical before I started like you have, although having a heart monitor to keep track of your cardio fitness level is a step in the right direction. If your attempting to loose weight and get into better cardio shape you will need to build your endurance lever to a much higher level than at present. Biking or swimming and biking in combination can steadily increase your endurance level which will make the workouts your presently attempting child's play in a matter of a few month. The key is consistently do your workouts daily and if you cannot do workouts for any number of good reasons at least stretch or do calisthenics I between a warm up and cool down.

Since the last time you seem me in person I have dropped 35 lbs and at least now I don't resemble the stay puff marshmallow man any more while demonstrating the ELH!

You keep up the good work and ask at any time for my opinion regarding workouts and the like.

easy-lift guy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tried running...and find it really boring. The obvious answer is to join a running club. This is though I always see the local club out running and to be honest they look like a bunch of bell ends, it puts me off

You are right I'm at a running club and am a bit of a bell end to boot:thumbup: In all seriousness you need to do something you might enjoy. I've took up bouldering again which is fantastic for your core

Last year I decided to take up cycling again. I was knocking out reasonable times even downloaded an app on my phone to compare myself with others who have ridden the same roads. On my last ride I even set best times on 2 sections of road of a 30 miler. Has it inspired me? No it hurts, its knackering and my danglers still havent recovered so the wife's got a very posh clothes horse :blushing:

Steve, as a former marathoner and sponsored athlete by Asics I can tell you that being in shape and maintaing what your willing to achieve are two admiral goals to shoot for.

I would have gone for a complete physical before I started like you have, although having a heart monitor to keep track of your cardio fitness level is a step in the right direction. If your attempting to loose weight and get into better cardio shape you will need to build your endurance lever to a much higher level than at present. Biking or swimming and biking in combination can steadily increase your endurance level which will make the workouts your presently attempting child's play in a matter of a few month. The key is consistently do your workouts daily and if you cannot do workouts for any number of good reasons at least stretch or do calisthenics I between a warm up and cool down.

Since the last time you seem me in person I have dropped 35 lbs and at least now I don't resemble the stay puff marshmallow man any more while demonstrating the ELH!

You keep up the good work and ask at any time for my opinion regarding workouts and the like.

easy-lift guy

You're probably right, I should have gone for a medical. Still, I have a suspicion I will be 'invited' to one in a few months :001_rolleyes:

Not attempting to lose weight at all really, purely in it for the cardio. A bit of strength gain is always nice too

Nice one Steve.

I think as we get older the unfit bit creeps up on us, for me I have gone from a job that was labour intensive to pulling levers to unload and sitting behind steering wheels most of the day.

I decided last year that it was time to get myself back into some sort of shape, I now do Muay Thai training twice a week, and an hour of various other exercises every other evening, I have been at it for about 3 months now and although I am still highly critical of myself there has been a huge improvement in things, I couldn't even run 150mtrs down to the shop but can now run 4 miles without too much trouble, and have just got into push biking again after 35 years away, and went for an 11 mile ride the other day, something I would have never considered 3 months ago.

That along with finally getting my shoulder fixed, which was helped hugely by the Muay Thai training and I feel so much better for it.

One thing I did do was have a proper diet plan made up for me, which has shortened my muscle recovery time a lot as it was something I was having trouble with, it was well worth the small cost.

All the best with it, but be careful not to bugger yourself up.

Did you buy the dvds steve? i bet they end up in the cupboard next to the juicer,kettle bell, exercise ball etc within a month :biggrin:

Remember and change your diet or you will get poor results and get disheartened. good luck with it.

No, a friend gave them to me going on about 2 years ago now. Its taken me that long to decide to do it :biggrin:

I was thinking about the physique and fitness the other day.

First off I'm no Greek Demi god statue. I never have been able to run. I can swim for well over an hour. I then get bored and ache.

I have worked with physique boys that are always at the gym. But I can outdo many if not all of them in the daily grind. It's often just bulge building and six pack toning.

Like you I would like to be fitter, more endurance etc.

However, I've seen keen fitness fanatics bodies fail. Joints replaced. Muscle problems. So on

I'm only going to live to be 70-80 if I do well. I dont overeat, do drugs, or smoke, neither have I ever over indulged alcohol. This life is precious. I don't want to spend time wearing my body out. I'd rather do productive achievements or enjoy life.

Whilst I admire your goals Steve. It's not for me, it's a huge commitment that if you have to keep up. To maintain the results.

Would hate to get through life and think id spent % working, sleeping, etc and exercising being high up on the list.

Sorry for the bum note and I wish you well with it.