Treework and general fitness

Steve Bullman

So whoever tells you that you need to be fit to do treework, i'm here to tell you its a complete lie!

I am ridiculously unfit, so for the new year have decided to do something about it and am taking on the insanity workout challenge.

For those not familiar with it heres a brief outline

first months entails a 40 minute workout session 6 days a week, followed by 1 week of 'recovery' training, which in itself is challenging.

second month entails a 1 hour session 6 days a week followed by 1 week recovery training. Theory being at the end of the 60 days you are about as fit as can be.

So heres how its going for me.

Day 1 - fit test. Selection of 7 exercises, do as many as you can within 1 minute. This is preceded by a warm up. I got to the 4th exercise before I collapsed in a heap on the floor and 'recovered' for about 10 minutes, followed by a trip to the toilet where I hurled my guts up

Day 2 - I made it to the end of the warm up....that was it.

Day 3,4,5 - I did naff all as my calves felt like rocks

Day 6(today), I purchased a heart rate monitor to make sure I didn't overdo it. Kept myself to a maximum of 170. Made it through the warm up and got about 10 minutes into the actual workout itself.

So I am making some progress but all in all a patheticly embarrassing effort that i thought i would share. Current plan is to carry on for a month to get into good enough shape to start the workout over from scratch. Will keep you posted :biggrin:

https://www.beachbody.co.uk/product/fitness-training/insanity-workout.do?code=SEMB_SAN_GOOGLE_UK&utm_campaign=UK|Google_Brand_Insanity_Alpha&utm_term=insanity%22%20workout&gclid=CM2Kzb-lkcoCFcjnwgodFYYGWg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So whoever tells you that you need to be fit to do treework, i'm here to tell you its a complete lie!

I am ridiculously unfit, so for the new year have decided to do something about it and am taking on the insanity workout challenge.

For those not familiar with it heres a brief outline

first months entails a 40 minute workout session 6 days a week, followed by 1 week of 'recovery' training, which in itself is challenging.

second month entails a 1 hour session 6 days a week followed by 1 week recovery training. Theory being at the end of the 60 days you are about as fit as can be.

So heres how its going for me.

Day 1 - fit test. Selection of 7 exercises, do as many as you can within 1 minute. This is preceded by a warm up. I got to the 4th exercise before I collapsed in a heap on the floor and 'recovered' for about 10 minutes, followed by a trip to the toilet where I hurled my guts up

Day 2 - I made it to the end of the warm up....that was it.

Day 3,4,5 - I did naff all as my calves felt like rocks

Day 6(today), I purchased a heart rate monitor to make sure I didn't overdo it. Kept myself to a maximum of 170. Made it through the warm up and got about 10 minutes into the actual workout itself.

So I am making some progress but all in all a patheticly embarrassing effort that i thought i would share. Current plan is to carry on for a month to get into good enough shape to start the workout over from scratch. Will keep you posted :biggrin:

https://www.beachbody.co.uk/product/fitness-training/insanity-workout.do?code=SEMB_SAN_GOOGLE_UK&utm_campaign=UK|Google_Brand_Insanity_Alpha&utm_term=insanity%22%20workout&gclid=CM2Kzb-lkcoCFcjnwgodFYYGWg

Sounds nasty😬

Good luck with it though

Good luck with it Steve, every time I try to get fit I last about a week get bored, think ah I'll do it tomorrow and give up. Not saying you will but keep at it.

The only time I got really fit was when I joined a running club and had other people to train with and races to train for I stuck to that for about five years and loved it.

If you lose you motivation with this and I hope you don't but know I would, then take up a sport and join club.

All the best luck with this tho

Will

tried running...and find it really boring. The obvious answer is to join a running club. This is though I always see the local club out running and to be honest they look like a bunch of bell ends, it puts me off

Hi STEVE I LIKE WAY YOU PUT IT that's puts me off to Steve that what I say 😬😬😬thanks Jon 👍👍