Throwline Storage

R Mac

Folding bucket for £7 the best thing I ever used, drill a hole in bottom to tie off end of line, sorted, stay away from anything that has arborist written on it, it will be well expensive,[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Generic-Portable-Outdoor-Camping-Folding/dp/B00EODOZMS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451940236&sr=8-2&keywords=Folding+bucket]Generic Portable Outdoor Camping Folding Car Washing 9L Fishing Hiking Bucket Barrel(Blue): Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41bEAgEswwL.@@AMEPARAM@@41bEAgEswwL[/ame]

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking about a big fixed spool beachcasting reel, the only downside I could think of is you can only access one end of the throwline. I'm not sure how often I'd need to use the other end :confused1:

I wonder how well the throwline would come off the spool without the extra leverage?? that normally comes from having the weight hanging off the end of a 12" beach rod (when fishing), should be fine with a Big Shot though.

I ordered a Weaver cube, not sure if they come with tangle fairies although I wouldn't be surprised if using a Weaver cube resulted in a a nice piece of tweed fabric sailing out behind the throwbag.

I was thinking about a big fixed spool beachcasting reel, the only downside I could think of is you can only access one end of the throwline. I'm not sure how often I'd need to use the other end :confused1:

I wonder how well the throwline would come off the spool without the extra leverage?? that normally comes from having the weight hanging off the end of a 12" beach rod (when fishing), should be fine with a Big Shot though.

I ordered a Weaver cube, not sure if they come with tangle fairies although I wouldn't be surprised if using a Weaver cube resulted in a a nice piece of tweed fabric sailing out behind the throwbag.

Weaver cubes come with a sitting tenant tangle fairy installed as standard:laugh1: I reckon I've got a whole family in mine, if your short I could send you my fairyies:001_tongue:

the petzl eclipse is my favourite one but I am willing have a gander at the eldrid version - IMO the design shits all over the cube for stability and ease of returning the line when packing up.

No tangle fairies survived the customs X-ray bombardment but a local lass likes to try and squat in there from time to time - I am thinking of having a AVO taken out but the lawyer says the case could be problematic due to the judges insistence on speaking to the defendant.

My tangle fairy is definitely an exhibitionist as when no 1 is watching she can't be arsed and the lines fine but as soon as someone else is watching WAM megger tangle to show off her loopy angry knot skills!!

Exclent:lol::laugh1: