Conifer Takedown help

padman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow these prices are unberlievable. Here, a tree like that would be done and gone in a few hours, prob for $500.

Totally different part of the world though, you guys have big trucks, big chippers and a massive country, here every other person with a tranny tipper is a "tree surgeon " working just to make a wage.

No-one paying tax on those prices?

You know, the figure that really interests me when this type of discussion comes up is not the monetary value of the job but the time taken in man hours.

From this each individual should be able to work backwards assuming he knows his own costs to obtain a minimum price for the work.

After which he may add a margin for profit depending on the likelihood of him getting the work.

Ty

Thanks for all the advice. I cant believe the price for that Ash you would do it for.

Its much bigger than it looks on the photos + that stump to grind out is a biggie + slabs need lifting + fence panels out to get the roots out properly.

A little 13hp grinder as well as that's all I have, so I reckon most of a day just for grinding and clearing up.

As you say you cant go on a crap photo. Anyway i did not get it but its still there at the mo - so may send them a text and ask how far I was out price wise. I would love to know :)

Taking my quote round on Sunday for the connie, will let you know what I go in at and IF I get it :)

Thanks again Paul

. Anyway i did not get it but its still there at the mo - so may send them a text and ask how far I was out price wise. I would love to know :)

Paul

That's fraught with danger chap! That's just an invitation for THEM to tell YOU what they think they should be paying. Be wary, but don't be afraid to fall on the floor, kick your legs up in the air and send forth outrageous belly roars of laughter when they say they thought it'd be £50 cash.

£1300 was the for the ash complete. £750 for a pollard type of cut to where the customer was happy with my result.

£800 for the connie is what i was going to quote - but will rethink.

That sounds like the going rate here.

MIL paid £1400 to take down a 700mm Ø Beech in her back garden, including grinding the stump. They removed all the brush and cut and stacked the rest into rings and 3 foot lengths for me to have as firewood and left the garden nice and tidy.

25% vat included and basic rate tax at around 50%.

Thanks for all the advice. I cant believe the price for that Ash you would do it for.

Its much bigger than it looks on the photos + that stump to grind out is a biggie + slabs need lifting + fence panels out to get the roots out properly.

A little 13hp grinder as well as that's all I have, so I reckon most of a day just for grinding and clearing up.

As you say you cant go on a crap photo. Anyway i did not get it but its still there at the mo - so may send them a text and ask how far I was out price wise. I would love to know :)

Taking my quote round on Sunday for the connie, will let you know what I go in at and IF I get it :)

Thanks again Paul

You can't over charge because you only have small kit, unfortunately it doesn't work like that, my grinder would gave that stump and roots done In 2hrs max therefore I can work cheaper but still make more.

And don't bother asking as you will only get told what they want you to hear.

Edited by Ian C