husqvarna t540xp oil leak need help

Timberman675

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oil can and will sit around in all the little places under there, which will drain out when left, there is normally plenty of saw dust around to dry up this excess oil, if the saw is left full of oil in a warm place there will be an amount of natural leakage from the breather.

I totally agree with ADW, most reported leaks are in fact non-existent and are merely oil draining down. A little oil spreads a long way and most saws will leave oil on the shelf under them.

In days gone by I wasted many hours looking for these leaks that customers were complaining about, nowadays I just give the saw a good clean, fill the tank with proper oil, then sit it in a clean tin tray on the shelf for about a week.

90% of the time there is no leakage and nothing to repair, but the customer for some reason never wants to believe me!

But of course, in this case the OP may fall into the other 10% that do need repair.

I had the same problem with mine, the chain came off and split the crank casing. I had to get a whole new side for it. To be honest I don't reckon they're built to last, I'm regretting not getting a 201 now. I'm forever having problems with it, currently it won't tick over, despite having been in for diagnostics 3times

The problem isn't the saw, it's the dealers! Most probable cause of poor tick over will be a worn piston ring or it will be stuck into its groove. Using a synthetic oil will help reduce any problems once you get it sorted. It's the dealers that unfortunately give saws a bad name because they can't support the product there selling. Not all dealers but I've come across a hell of a lot of poor ones! So rightly so the customer gets annoyed but then blames the saw when in actual fact the dealer has let you down by not repairing it or knowing how to! Yes the saw shouldnt fail so early on but not all do and that's just luck of the draw, just look at how many new cars have issues but at least the dealers can look after the customer, repair the product in a reasonable amount of time.

The problem isn't the saw, it's the dealers! Most probable cause of poor tick over will be a worn piston ring or it will be stuck into its groove.

I don't agree with that, there are brand new saws that simply won't tickover reliably and given that they're being supplied by a variety of dealers you can't attribute blame to the guy who PDI'd the saw. If the cause is worn piston rings on brand new saws then that's an even bigger problem.

Manufacturers have in the past and will continue in the future to put products on the market (not just chainsaws) with problems that didn't show up until they started to get used in the real world, the dealers and the service mechanics are then left with the problem of trying to sort inherent faults for justifiably annoyed customers.

I don't agree with that, there are brand new saws that simply won't tickover reliably and given that they're being supplied by a variety of dealers you can't attribute blame to the guy who PDI'd the saw. If the cause is worn piston rings on brand new saws then that's an even bigger problem.

Manufacturers have in the past and will continue in the future to put products on the market (not just chainsaws) with problems that didn't show up until they started to get used in the real world, the dealers and the service mechanics are then left with the problem of trying to sort inherent faults for justifiably annoyed customers.

Yes your right new saws should just work absolutely agree but when there is a fix you would think they would just get on and fix it and have this guys saw ticking over again that's was the point I was trying to make. 3 times he's had it in for them to diagnose it, not good enough really because if they knew the product they would know the faults. all the information they need is available to them.