thor log splitter

Breezeblock

9 hours ago, Khriss said:

Basically yr following H&S@W Act 1974  which  is yr Method and yr Risk components-  if you cut yrself with saw you have done something  wrong, hence somewhere that has to be addressed, usually yr employer, who if he is not doing the right thing or letting you not do it the right way. Is breaking that  Act. When i have ever got hurt on the job, was cos i did something wrong. K

I know that much but you said further up the page there was a legal obligation on a hospital:  I asked what that was.

On 07/11/2020 at 21:47, Khriss said:

Actually a surgeon will know exactly what a chainsaw cut will look like, oddly. And the average cost of sorting a chainsaw wound is about 30,000 quid, they aint happy abt standing  the cost.  Obvs this os a guide figure but NHS trusts are a bit penny pinchy and if its a work related injury they are entitled to reclaim costs as its A. Avoidable. B. Covered by someone elses insurance.  K

How do you arrive at such a high figure?  I paid for a knee arhroscopy last year - that was £9k I think and £3.5k of that was for the anaesthetist, not needed for stitching up a chainsaw cut.

1 hour ago, nepia said:

I know that much but you said further up the page there was a legal obligation on a hospital:  I asked what that was.

Depends on the circumstance,  and the consultant and Trust, but they will be a material witness in a breach of H&S@W, same as if someone came  in with a gunshot wound, the 30,000 grand figure was given me after a discussion over my broken thigh ( bike smash)  with the surgeon as mine came to abt 20 grandsworth ( 2006) , when he found out i was a tree surgeon, maybe he was familiar with those injuries 

.  K

When you said the cost of 'sorting out a chainsaw cut was £30,000' the impression given was that you were referring to the cost to the hospital of administering treatment.  Hence my questioning it.

Sorry, my crystal ball failed me; I didn't perceive that you were talking about the cost of a hypothetical court case as well; you didn't mention that bit!

Bad crystal ball  ?

1 hour ago, doobin said:

I still don’t think he’s making any sense at all. 

Possibly look  into  hospital treatment costs. 'This is going to hurt' a good read. You wont want to go into hospital after tho'. Depending on the situation it can get legal fast. I didnt get any physio on my visits as ' we cant do that, no one is available for that (  ie No Money)  so car insurance pays ( or didnt in my case)  K

14 hours ago, nepia said:

How do you arrive at such a high figure?  I paid for a knee arhroscopy last year - that was £9k I think and £3.5k of that was for the anaesthetist, not needed for stitching up a chainsaw cut.

I didnt, the Consultant did. And that is not high in medical terms. K