Are There Enough Trees Where You Live.

Darrin Turnbull

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You would like it there, extensive tree protection "naturschutzgesetz", permits and red tape are required even for quiet farts particularly in the sensitive summer.

Get yourself a work exchange organised, you would love it

I was born in Germany but happen to like it here more.

Haven't been to Berlin since about 1990 when things were quite different to how they are now.

Don't particularly remember it being strewn with green things, but then I was playing football and propping up the bars :biggrin:

Woodland planted 18 or so years ago about 400 metres from me having houses built either side of it. Was owned by Forestry Commision who said no way to getting rid of it for housing. Council in the process of buying it from them, guess what they'll say about selling it off to the developers?

There is a path running through the centre of it, builders have put drainage under the path (for the houses) but in the mean time managed to damage most of the trees running along the side which have been heras fenced off for protection. :thumbdown:

Apart from where there is already a tree there is room for a tree.... especially chemically laden golf courses, and mile upon mile of fencing where there used to be big hedges & trees.

More trees everywhere please.

cheers, Steve

p.s... and sheep should be banned from the Lake District so it can return to forest.

Trees everywhere, stinkin, ground sterilising , overbearing, depressing, Sitka. Endless wastelands devoid of nature planted over our beautiful countryside with no respect paid to our cultural history or ancient archaeology. Sfa use for anything but pulp and landslides in this terrain and climate,the midge is the only resident in this monocultural desert, thanks F C. :001_rolleyes:

Trees everywhere, stinkin, ground sterilising , overbearing, depressing, Sitka. Endless wastelands devoid of nature planted over our beautiful countryside with no respect paid to our cultural history or ancient archaeology. Sfa use for anything but pulp and landslides in this terrain and climate,the midge is the only resident in this monocultural desert, thanks F C. :001_rolleyes:

Hahaha. Oh dear.

It's ok, all they're planting now is Hawthorne, pear, cherry, willow, spindle, walnut, dogwood, blackthorn, pampas grass, elder; all perfect habitat for hippies.

Imported timber will be just fine, hell yeah.

There is only one specie that will thrive and grow well in the upland bogs of the U K and thats spruce,

Well, I don`t think that that`s what was there before it was cleared, many native species thrive here and create a natural living habitat which is not only self seeding, faster growing and potentially a much more useful crop than the endless barren Sitka wilderness that`s been created.

While I realise that the FC has recently turned it`s attention to more sustainable planting policies, they remain an massively slow moving giant whose unattended weeds rob the daylight from many small communities, a crime in it`self and which to me amounts to nothing less than legalised criminal vandalism to a whole ecosystem which, if managed properly, would be a far more valuable asset to everyone concerned than the present model.

Let`s face it, these plantations aren`t managed in any real way , very few local folks make a living from them, there scared to harvest in many places due the likelyhood of landslips and the wood that`s grown isn`t even any good for the stove, it`s basically an environmentally bad business and good for nobody but a few.

I`m sorry, but I don`t consider my home to be an ` upland bog ` Take away all this rubbish and nature will recover really quick. Yes and the world does need as many trees as possible, but natural !!

Edited by David Humphries
Language